TWO

THREE WEEKS EARLIER... 

Lexi's POV

"The new Kian and Jc video is up!" My roommate, Erika shouted from the kitchen/living room.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back, getting up out of bed and unplugging my phone from the charger. Erika and I met in 4th grade and have been best friends ever since. We ended up being accepted to the same college and wanted to be roommates. I walked down the hallway to see her sitting on the couch, her laptop on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"What is it about?" I asked, as I walked around the coffee table to sit down.

"It's 'Special Announcement'. It's only a minute and a half long." She said. Looking at the screen.

"Seriously? It's so short!" I said, making myself comfortable next to Erika on the couch. She clicked play and Kian and Jc came into view.

"Hey woah, didn't see you guys there." Jc said.

"Welcome to another KnJ video." Kian said.

"You're probably wondering 'Kian, Jc, why is this video so short?' Well we have that answer." Jc stated.

"We feel like lately we haven't really don't enough for you guys, so we wanted to do something special. In three weeks, we will fly out a fan here to Los Angeles to stay with us for a week. You'll film all of that week's videos with us and we'll take you on a tour of LA, and just hang out." Kian said, smiling. My mind was racing.

"In one week, Friday, we will pick the winner. We're gonna pay for your flight here to LA and back to your home after a week. Whether it's in New York, Canada, Brazil, France, Australia. Wherever you are, we'll get you here and back." Jc explained.

"So what do you have to do to enter?" Kian asked.

"Like this video. Comment on this video. Make sure you're subscribed. Share it to Twitter and mention us in your post. And that's all." Jc said.

"That's today's video." Kian said, waving to the camera.

"Yeah." Jc added, emotionless.

"What the hell?" Kian laughed. The screen went black and words "Next Video: Fear Pong Part 2" appeared across the screen. Erika stopped the video.

"Lex." She said, still looking at the screen.

"Er." I said.

"You have to enter." She said, turning to me.

"I want to, but I don't know..." I said, getting up.

"You know you'll regret it if you don't." She said, as I walked over to the fridge. I opened it and looked at the contents. I picked up a box with leftover pizza in it, taking it out and closing the door.

"What are the odds that I would get picked? Out of the hundreds of thousands of fans that are going to enter." I said, picking up a slice of the cold pepperoni pizza. I sat down on a bar stool at the countertop.

"Oh don't pull that card. You have just as big of a chance of being picked as everyone else who's gonna enter." She said, taking a slice of pizza. She sat down next to me.

"I'll think about it, ok?" I said.

"You should do it. Just sayin'." She smiled.

"How am I going to make up a week's worth of homework though?" I asked.

"Homework? You mean just studying? They don't expect you to turn stuff back in. Remember when I was in Europe for 10 days? My grades didn't even change." She pointed out.

"True. And I would only be gone for a week." I said, contemplating the situation. I unlocked my phone to see what time it was. 3:47 pm. At that moment, my phone started to ring.

"Call from: Chance Parker"

"Um... I'll be back, I have to answer this." I said quickly, walking back to my room, answering the call. I took a deep breath.

"Hello?" I put the phone to my ear.

"Hey Lexi, it's Chance." The familiar voice said.

Flashback

"Lexi will you go to Homecoming with me?" Chance asks holding out a red rose, standing at my locker.

"Yes!" I say, smiling. I hug him. It's sophomore year and Chance, the guy I've liked for a few months now, just asked me to homecoming! This is unreal.

"Great. I'll pick you up at 6:00." He says smiling, walking away.

"Okay." I answer quietly.

End of Flashback

We went to Homecoming that year and then he asked me out a month later. Of course I said yes. He found out the last day of school that he was moving. We never got to say goodbye before he moved to Florida.

"Hey Chance, what's up?" I asked, trying to figure out why he was calling me. We texted each other briefly like a year ago, and that was the last time we talked. 

"I just got to Denver, I was wondering if you wanted to catch up over dinner?" He asked. I could tell he was smiling by the tone of his voice.

"Sure, why not. What time were you thinking?" I asked.

"Maybe 5:00? I'll pick you up." He asked hopefully.

"Okay, see you then." I said.

"See you soon." He said, hanging up.

I processed for a minute the conversation that was just had. I looked through my closet for something to wear.

How do I even say this: I'm basically going for dinner with my ex that never officially broke up with me.

--A/N--

Sorry this chapter was kinda boring. The next one is more interesting!! Vote if you like it, comment for suggestions!

-L