Chapter 8

We got in my car and we drove in silence. I started to regret my decision of letting Austin come, and he noticed.

"it wasn't a mistake," he said in a reassuring voice, but it was a bit harsh.

"how are you so certain?" I asked, my voice coming out harsher then I wanted it to. I kept my eyes on the road, not wanting to look Austin in the eyes. He put a hand on my leg, and didn't say anything. I think that was his way of reassuring me. We were at my grandmothers house and Bentley came running out of the warm house. I bent down and picked him up, spinning him. Austin stayed behind and watched, as if he didn't want to invade something. I gave him a sweet smile, and say my thank you's and goodbyes to my grandmother. I buckled Bentley into his car seat and we drove Austin home.

"want to meet my parents?" he asked and I winched. I just shook my head.

"please? They haven't seen someone as little as Bentley since," and he just stopped himself.

"Since when?" I asked, no reply.

"See, this is what I'm talking about! You don't let me in." I said waving my hands around. I had no idea where I was driving. I was just driving aimlessly.

"where are we going?" I asked lowering my voice because Bentley was in the car.

"Where ever you are," he looked deeply into my eyes when he said this.

"I'm not going anywhere without you" he said, looking deeply into my eyes. I just stared back into the pool of green when he did his signature bad boy smirk and looked away. I drove silently back to my house. Back "home". I pulled into the same empty driveway and let out a sigh. I turned around to Bentley and smiled.

"it's late champ, ready for bed?" I said calmly and quietly.

"only I you read me a story!" Bentley protested. I got out of the car and unbuckled Bentley and carried him inside. When I got to his room he had already fallen asleep in my arms. I smiled to myself and put him in his bed. I stood there and watched his innocent sleeping body. He deserved more. My thoughts were cut off when I felt Austin slide a hand around my waist. I smiled then took it back, he couldn't treat me like this. I'm not his girlfriend, I barely even know him. It needed to stop.

"Do you want a ride home?" I whispered trying to not wake Bentley. He looked hurt, like I slapped him in the face. He steeped closer.

"I said I never wanted to leave you," he said with confidence.

"Yeah, but we aren't like, um," I couldn't get the words out

"what! Spit it out." he argued and I pushed past him, hoping he didn't wake Bentley.

"What's your problem?" I asked when we were down stairs in my kitchen.

"my problem? Are you serious?" he laughed in my face.

"yeah, you. You don't always have to be so mean" I spat back at him.

"I'm not the mean one, all you do is push me away. You don't talk to me, do you know how mean that is when I'm actually trying with a girl? Forget it," he said and turned around.

"no you don't try to help me! You don't even care about me Austin!" I yelled pushing into his chest.

"At least I have parent who care about me!" he yelled at me. Last straw Austin.