Chapter 7

Ace and I walked into the party, arm in arm. I was immediately swarmed by a group of girls, tugging and pulling on my arm. Ace stood in.

"ladies! Stop calm down, what's the problem." he yelled and one friendly girl Anna buzzed in.

"we want to know how she did it!" she cried, helpless.

"did what?" I yelled over the madness.

"get Austin to look at you! He won't even talk to us!" they yelled together. They immediately changed my mood.

"trust me, it's not worth your time." I said trying to walk away.

"But Carson! He's beautiful! And he's so mysterious," the girls cooed. I didn't bother to even answer and walked away. He arm was being tugged by Logan.

"Heyy Carson, he slurred, drunk.

"hey Logan, what's up." I said trying to walk away, he was drunk I didn't need to deal with that.

"wait, come back. You promised me a dance remember?" I could smell the alcohol in his breath. He put a hand on my shoulder and pulled me close, dancing like an idiot. People were beginning to stare. He slipped his hand under my blouse and I let out a scream. "Oh, shut up. You look hot and you know it, let's go." he slurred pulling me upstairs. I tried my hardest to fight against him but it was no use. He pulled me into a room and shut the door. He pushed me and the bed and came closer he was and inch away from my face when the door came crashing open. Logan backed off and walked to the door.

"hey buddy, we are-" he was stopped when I heard him hit the floor. I looked up and saw Austin standing in the doorway. My mouth was open when I tried to talk Austin stopped me.

"Save it, learn to take care of yourself Carson," he said and walked out of the room. He really got me angry with the last part of his statement, so I went running after him. I saw his tight tee walking through the crowd, then out the door. I pushed my way past the drunk people and finally was outside. I saw Austin walking down the street so I started running after him. He was so close, I was almost next to him. I ran faster and harder. When I reached him I was out of breath. He turned to me angrily.

"What do you want?" he said in a low voice.

"I want you to stop running from me," I said exhausted.

"Well, I'm hear, what do you want princess?" he said with a smirk.

"You know what! I don't even know why I even try to talk to you. Why I keep fighting for you when it's obvious you don't want me. I don't know what it is about you that makes me want more, I just don't know," I yelled, sighing when I finished. He stepped closer,the anger out of his eyes.

"I told you, you need me." he said I don't know why though.

"I don't need any-" he cut me off

"and as much as you need me, I need you," he said low. He stepped closer, our bodies inches apart.

"I don't want you to be hurt, that's why you should just leave me. Because that's all I do, is hurt people." he said stepping away. I pulled him back by his shirt in front of his chest.

"you won't hurt me, I don't get hurt. All the world has to offer has hurt me already." I sighed, wrapping my hands around his neck. I felt his hands gently slide around his waist.

"why can you just let me go? Why do you keep holding one?" he whispered not looking into my eyes.

"I don't think I could ever let you go, and even of I could I wouldn't" I said confidently. He looked down into my eyes and just stared at me.

"I don't think I could either," he said and his lips came crashing down on mine. He kissed me passionately like I loved. I struggled to stay on my toes and Austin felt it. He laughed against my lips and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he pulled away, but our lips still touching.

"hold on, it's going to be a bumpy ride," he said and kissed me again.

"As long as its with you, I'll go anywhere. " I said and hopped down from him, walking away. All I could think was to play hard to get, like they do in the movies.

"where do you think you are going?" he said and I heard the smirk in his voice. I could hear his black boots against the road.

"I have to pick up Bentley, I have work in the morning." I said not turning around.

"I'll come," he said running to my side. I lifted my eyebrows at him.

"you said you wanted to go anywhere with me. I'll come pick up Bentley." he said but he stuttered when he said Bentley's name. I just let it go,

"Alright, we need to make sure Ace has a ride home though. We walked back to the party and I found Ace, I asked him of he could get a ride and he said he would get one. I turned to Austin and pushed at his chest, turning him around. I felt eyes on us when we left the party, together.