Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning, sunlight shining through the window.  I turned over, but Austin wasn’t there. I sat up, looking around the room. I took a step off my bed and felt something on the bottom of my foot, a note.  It was an arrow pointing out to my door; I picked it up, smiling. I walked out my door and found another, this one had a little message. ‘Almost there’ I laughed a little and kept walking, down the stairs and into the kitchen. There was a daisy on the counter with a note. “You’re beautiful” as I read that, hands slipped around my waist, and lips came to my neck. I tuned my body around and aced Austin. I looked up at him, looking at his beautiful face, not believing he was crying with me yesterday.

“Let’s do something,” he smiled and as he said that my stomach growled. In embarrassment, I turned away to get some food.

“I made you breakfast,” he said running into the other room, like a child excited to show its parents what they made for them. I smiled and followed him. He sat me down on the couch and turned to grab a plate. He put it in front of me, and waited for a response. I looked at him, then back down to the plate. I laughed so hard I had to grab my sides they hurt so much. Tears started to form in my eyes when Austin started to talk.

“What? What’s so funny?” he asked scratching the back of his neck.  

“Nothing!” I said in between breaths.

“Tell me! What’s so funny Carson!” he said and came at me.

“You can’t cook babe,” I said and turned to him. He looked upset, so I kissed him.

“What do you mean?” he said looked at the plate with disappointment.

“There are egg shells in the eggs, and the pancakes aren’t cook.” I said and looked up at him. I put my head on his chest and looked up at him.

“Kiss me,” I said and he looked away from me.

“Kiss me,” I said again getting up and siting on him.

“You said I’m a bad cook,” he puffed and I just kissed him

“Acute one,” I smiled and he laughed. I got up and walked to my room.

“Where are you going?” he asked still sitting down.

“The beach,” I said in my room, changing. I heard him get up and walk towards me. I pulled on my bathing suit and he turned me towards him, and kissed me hard. I laughed under his lips and pulled away. I finished changing and looked at Austin.

“Do you want to go to your house and get a bathing suit.” I asked casually.

“No, I’ll just by one on the boardwalk.” He said with anger.

“You have to talk to them,” I said turning towards him,

“No I don’t, I’ll go pick up my clothes tonight and bring them here, if that’s okay.” He said and looked down at me as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

“Austin. Talk to your dad,” I whispered and I felt him tense up under my grip. He exploded and threw his arms up, making me fall back onto the ground. He didn’t stop, he just yelled

“No Carson! Why don’t you understand! He hates me; he thinks it’s my entire fault! How can I ever fell okay about myself when he looks at me with disgust every day?” He turned and punched the wall.

“You have it easy! Your parents go out and work and love you, you don’t have to worry about anything!” he yelled at me. This sent so much anger through me; I shot up and got in his face.

“I have it easy? You think all I do is go out and do whatever I want. You haven’t seen my parent once you haven’t figured it out? You’re the one who has it easy with your big warm house, your fancy cars, and you know what, I feel bad for you.” I said digging my fingers in his chest. He looked down at me, both of us huffing in anger.

“You feel bad for me? I don’t need any more pity Carson. If that’s the only reason you’re with me, then leave. I was fine on my own at once, I can do it again. When your parents come home, you can go back to your happy life; without me!” he yelled

“They are dead Austin!” I yelled so loud it hurt my throat, tears came streaming out of my eyes and I feel to the ground. He looked down at me, then sat down next to me. I shook I was crying so hard. He wrapped his big arms around me, brushing my hair.

“I’m sorry Carson. I didn’t mean to make you cry, I’m sorry I hadn’t put it together,” he whispered, his lips on my head.

“That’s why that woman was here the first time you came over, I’m trying to get custody of Bentley when I turn 18” I whispered and he pulled my tighter. I couldn’t take this pain anymore, maybe I wasn’t ready for this.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you Carson, please forgive me,” he said ad I looked up at him.

“It’s what we do, we fight.” We sat in silent for a little before I spoke again. I closed my eyes.

“Maybe we should break up”