Chapter Six

Luckily for me, it was the weekend and I had no idea where Mike lives so I was able to take a break from seeing him. It's only been two days and I was already tired of this mission. I really needed some time to clear my head, talk to my dad and think of a game plan. Lucky for me, I was also off on Monday because the teachers have to do something.

It was Saturday morning and Dad was on the computer looking for stuff for us to do "Hey Sarah, maybe we could go see that action movie in theaters today"

"Nah" I said "We went to go see it and we hated it. Total waste of our money"

"It's going to be fun having the future revealed to me" laughed Dad as he was on his computer

Lately, I've had so much on my mind, I just wish I had some sort of advice from Dad. He seemed to know what befriending a jerk is like. I needed him.

"Dad?" I asked "How am I supposed to be friends with Mike?"

"I know it's hard but you're just going to have to continue trying. It would work eventually"

That's what my dad would tell me the whole weekend. I just felt as if he was hiding something from me. I knew that he wants to not tell me certain things until I'm ready and he's right. Still, I was growing impatience

What else was impatient about this weekend was thinking about Tracey and Hanna. I didn't want them to be mad at me. I would try to call them thousands of times but they don't answer. I really blew it with them.

Before I knew it, it was Tuesday. As for school on Tuesday, it was just as I remembered it thirty days ago. There was flyers all over the hallway about the school prom, all the jocks were excited for the pep rally, and everyone else in the hallway was upset that it was the beginning of the week. Then, I saw Hanna and Tracey talking to each other with their arms full of books.

"Hey guys!" I greeted

The two of them started to walk away with anger.

"Who's excited about the prom?!" I asked

Nothing.

"Hey Tracey, I have a feeling that James will ask you to the prom"

Nothing.

"Guys! Are you mad at me?!" I yelled

"Yes were mad!" said Tracey

"Yeah, you abandoned us to sit with Mike Willis" said Hanna "Can't you just tell us whatever your hiding? I thought we were friends!"

"I'm sorry guys, I can't tell you"

"Well, when you can trust us, let us know" said Tracey

Hanna and Tracey walked away, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Now I lost my best friends because of this mission? I felt awful. That encounter ruined the first five periods for me. Ugh, I really didn't want to sit with Mike today. How could I put on a positive attitude when my best friends are mad at me?

"Hey Mike" I greeted as I sat at his scary little corner table

"Can't you just leave me alone?!" yelled Mike in a mean, abusive tone that stunned me

"How could I leave you alone? You're my friend!" I lied. This is so exhausting

"Friends?" asked Mike "I guess you're brain hasn't grown from its pea size"

Mike still had his great sense of humor. I fought the urge to bang my head on the table a billion times to say "Come on, let's each say one thing we like about each other"