Imagine Living Like A King For A Day

-Keira's P.O.V.-

"YESSS SUCK IT AUSTIN!!!!!!!" I yelled doing a small victory dance. Austin hung his head in defeat. He and I had been playing mulitplayer on black ops for four hours straight since he found out about me staying on the bus. For four hours I had been kicking his ass. Delilah laughed at mine and Austin's playful banter, her hand draped around his. I smiled, it was nice to know that someone was looking out for since she is usually doing the same for me.

"No offense but why are you here Delilah? I'm happy that you are but just why?" Delilah looked down at her hands

"I lost my job at the resteraunt, so Austin offered me at job as Of Mice & Men's personal chef." I nodded my head slowly still unsure of one thing, why she didn't tell me. Instead of dreading on that minor thought I looked down at Austin who was already setting up another match. Alan was in the back washing up dinner dishes. I handed the controller to Delilah and slowly walked to see him. Phil, Aaron, and Tino were already fast asleep in their bunks. I jumped on the counter making Alan drop a plastic cup.

"Damn angel you scared me." I tilted my head to the side.

"Why did you call me angel?" Alan laughed and turned back to the sink. He was silent for a few minutes and the only sound that filled the cramped kitchen was of the water sloshing against the sides of the sink. After a few more minutes of silence he finally looked at me.

"Why is your hair blue and purple?" I couldn't help but laugh. I felt lighter around Alan no need to impress nor feel threatened. Looking at Alan only helped to remind me about how different he was from Vic. Where Vic was short Alan was slightly taller. Vic had long wavy light brown hair, Alan had short lengthed bright red hair. Vic was muscley with tanned skin. Alan was broad with pale skin only marked with little brown dots. Alan noticed me staring and laughed. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

"So is that our thing now answering each others questions with more questions?" I asked swinging my feet. Alan laughed, putting his elbow on the counter and leaned his weight on it.

"I don't know angel does that mean we have a thing?" I didn't know it was possible but I suddenly felt my cheeks get hotter. Oh very attractive Keira let the hot guy see you look like a tomato. Alan didn't seem to mind, staring at me with those big brown eyes.

"I guess but I actually came to talk to you for a reason. I wanted to say thank you for sticking up for me with Vic if I would have done it by myself I would have been putty in his hands." I looked down ashamed. Here I am taking help from everyone when I should be helping myself. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Stupid Keira you're stupid. Alan walked over seriousness glazing his face. Carefully he reached his hand over and brushed his fingers from the side of my temple to the back of my ear taking a piece of my hair and tucking it neatly behind my ear.

"No you would've been just fine without me. You're tough, and brave." I tried looking down but he placed his hands on my chin making me look into his eyes. He tilted his head and slowly moved his head towards me. My eyes fell to his tantalizing lips heading straight for mine. His eyes closed and he was so close I could smell his minty breath. I closed my eyes wanting the feeling of Vic to melt away with touch of Alan's lips on mine.

"Bedtime guys!" Austin yelled from the den. Alan jumped back away from and suddenly he looked frightened. He rubbed the back of his neck trying to avoid eye contact.

"Well goodnight angel." He started to walk towards his bunk.

"Wait aren't you going to answer my question?" He turned around and began to walk backwards, I could see a faint smile forming on his lips.

"That depends are you going to answer mine?" I laughed and he climbed into his bed. I was about to jump off of the counter when I felt my phone vibrate from my back pocket. Leaning all my weight on my left thigh and quickly grabbed my phone. I looked down at the screen and almost dropped my phone.

Alex: So that whole Vic and you idea didn't work huh? What a shame I was really rooting for you guys too. You don't seem to mind tho as the whore you are you've already moved on to Alan. Good little whore. But remember baby I'll always love you and once you're ready you can always come back to me. And you will come back weather you like it or not. Bye bye.

I looked around me but no one was there. How did he know any of this? I took multiple deep breaths not wanting believe that he knew where I was. All the buses had stopped at a truck stop a mile outside of Colorado. I hopped off the counter and walked to the front of the bus carful not to walk up the other sleeping people. I smiled when I saw Austin's arms wrapped around Delilah as they both slept. I really was happy for my best friend she deserved to be loved by someone other than myself. I slipped on a pair of the closest slippers which happened to be the biggest on me.

Quietly I opened the door, the cold air hitting me in the face. With slight difficulty I closed the door. I looked around my eyes adjusting to the dark until I saw what I was looking for, the Pierce The Veil bus. As quickly as I could I ran up to it. The park ground crunching underneath my slippers. I reached the door but suddenly the burst of courage I had faded. Finally I knocked on the door praying someone was up. After the tenth knock a sleepy looking Jaime opened the door.

"Oh it's you what are you doing here?" I looked down at the ground

"I'm here to see Vic." Jaime looked around the bus before looking at me.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I stepped up one step looking him in the eye.

"Please just for a minute." Jaime stepped aside allowing me in.

"Bottom bunk on the left" He instructed. I nodded walking towards the bunk. I knelt down and looked at him. He was beautiful. His hair was was sprawled over the pillow and his cheeks streaked with dried tears. Gently I ran my thumb over his cheek. I watched his chest rise and fall subtly. I had to make sure he was safe, that all of them were. If Alex really was following us then I had to handle it myself.

I couldn't bear the thought of all of my news friends hurt because of my problem, even Danielle. I pushed myself up and headed to the door. Before I could twist the handle I felt someone grab my arm, it was Jaime.

"You could always stay with us....at least for tonight." I looked at him, his face lit up with hope. I looked away and opened the door. I felt his hand slowly slip away.

"No Jaime I can't, I just can't." With those final words I ran off not wanting him to see me cry. I opened the Of Mice & Men door and shut it keeping my back to the door. It was all my fault everything up to this is my fault and now my friends were in danger because of me. God Keira you ruin everything your so fucking stupid. I thought to myself as I dug through my bag. At the bottom exactly were I had put it was my razor. I grabbed it not caring It was digging into the palm of my hand. I ran to the bathroom making sure to lock the door behind me. I sat on the floor and held my arm out all my scars facing up.

What is wrong with me? I thought as I dug the blade deep into my skin causing a river of red to surface and dribbled down my arm.

Failure

Idiot

Ugly

Hopeless

Worthless

Helpless

Unloved

Everyone hates you

With each word that circled my mind a new cut was made until my entire wrist was covered with a crimson red. I could feel the insecurities dimming as the new pain took over flooding me. No more pain..for now. Cutting was wrong this I knew but what I didn't get was why it felt so right and it seemed to help everything flow away with each line on my wrist. I grabbed tissue paper off the counter and began to wipe up the blood that was on the floor. As I finished up the last of it I felt my phone vibrate in my back pajama pocket. I pulled it out and cringed as I read it.

Alex: That's my little emo whore just keep cutting.

I looked up and dropped my phone because for a second I could have sworn in the bathroom window I saw something move.