Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Adelia's P.O.V.

"I've never even heard of that movie." I tell Michael at lunch.

"Well, it's really cool. There's this tornado, and it's full of sharks-"

"That sounds stupid." I stifle a laugh.

He frowns. "You've got to at least watch it."
I sigh. "Fine. I'll just prove that it's the world's worst movie then." I take a bite of my food. "Wait, wait, wait." I chew and swallow. "Okay, if I have to watch one of your stupid movies, you have to watch one of mine."

"Deal. This Saturday?"

"Sure. My house." I tell him with a smile.

Luke takes a seat next to me. "What'd I miss?"

"We're watching movies at my house this weekend." I tell him. "You wanna come?"

"What about your brother?" He asks.

"Your black eye is better. Maybe he won't recognize you?" I ask, smiling.

He rolls his eyes. "I'll come if you really want me to."

"Please, please, please, please, please!" I beg, batting my eyelashes and pouting.

"You're so damn annoying." He says, laughing. "Sure, I'll go. If it's okay with Mikey."

"Why wouldn't it be okay with me?" Michael asks.

"Because you like her."

"Well she likes me." Michael counters.

"And who said that?"

"Calum and Ashton."
"Can we please not talk about this?" I ask nervously. I know Michael's just trying to get his point across but it's just making me feel awkward.

"She's blushing." Luke says, smirking. "Alright, fine. But if I end up being the third wheel, I'm out."

"You're not gonna be the third wheel. This isn't a date." I clarify. Michael nods in agreement.

"Definitely not a date." He adds.

"Cool. Is there gonna be food?"

I roll my eyes. "Of course there's gonna be food-"
"Hey, Adelia!" Someone calls out. I look at Michael and Luke and they both shrug. I turn around and see a guy waving me over.

I bite my lip. "Should I-?"

"I'll come." Luke says. "I'm scarier than Michael."

"Can't argue with that." Michael says.

I nod. "Stay a few feet away and don't make it obvious that you're following me."

"Got it babe. Now go get 'em." He adds with a wink.

I roll my eyes and walk over to the guy. Whoa, is it seriously-?

"Mark Andrews. Yeah." He says, a cocky grin on his face.

"Um, okay?" I ask uncomfortably. He's the most popular guy in school. And one of the hottest, hands down.

"Listen, I heard about your spaghetti incident last week."

"What about it?"

"Well, word around school is that you've been hooking up with that weird kid ever since. Let me tell you something, I can spill more than spaghetti on top of you." He smirks. His friends behind him laugh. I feel my jaw drop. What a fucking dick.

"What the fuck did you just say to her?" Luke's deep voice asks from behind me. He's never looked scarier. Dressed in all black, towering over Mark by at least five inches.