Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Adelia’s P.O.V.

“You gonna eat that?” Luke asks.

“Nah, you can have it.” I tell him, shoving my food towards him. We’re sitting in my living room with the rest of the guys, Michael included. It’s been weird, hanging out with him, even if we’re not talking. At least Ashton’s convinced that this is better than hating each other, even though I’m not too sure myself. There’s no point trying to change it when your mind’s made up.

“How can he be so stupid? There’s no way in hell he’s gonna survive touching the boat.”

“Calum, it’s a movie.” Michael says, rolling his eyes.

Michael knows that Luke and I aren’t dating, but I’m not sure if he really believes me. I mean, Luke and I have gotten much closer than we were before, and hell, we do act like a couple. I wouldn’t believe myself either.

“Yeah, but I just don’t get it-”

“It’s a fish.” I tell Calum. “It’s a fucking fish. Let him touch the boat if he wants to.”

Another while into the movie, Calum speaks up again. “We should go to 42 Wallaby Way. I mean, we’re in Sydney.”
“Does it even exist?” Luke asks, pulling me closer to him. I snuggle into his chest and smile.

“I’m not sure.” Ashton says.

“I’ll google it.” Michael announces, pulling out his phone. “Nope. Doesn’t look like it’s real.”

“I’m bored.” I announce. “Can we do something fun?” I ask Ashton, pouting.

He rolls his eyes. “Don’t give me the puppy dog face, Lia.” I bat my eyelashes and he groans. “Fine. Where do you want to go?” He asks.

“I don’t know.” I answer.

“That was pointless.” Calum says.

“Your mom’s pointless.”

“Fight me.”

“No one’s fighting anyone.” Luke says with a laugh.

“Well then, what do you suggest we do, Lucas?”

“Don’t call me that.” He answers with a laugh.

I poke his dimple. “Lucas.”

“Adelia.” He replies. He drops his hands to my side and starts tickling me and I start laughing and swatting his sides.

“Uncle! Uncle! I surrender!” I squeal through laughter.

He stops and smiles. I shove his chest lightly and laugh.

“Okay, I’m gonna pretend that just didn’t happen.” Ashton says. “How about we go see a movie?”

“We just did that.” I answer, blankly.

“Well I was just giving you an excuse to make out with Luke the whole time without forcing us to watch.”

“Dick.” I mutter under my breath.

“We could go to the zoo.” Calum suggests.

“No. That’s boring.” Michael whines. “Plus there’s too much sun.”

“How about we go to the beach?” I suggest. “We can all cool off and it’ll be fun. Just think, girls in bikinis everywhere.”

“I’m in.” Calum and Ashton say immediately.