Chapter 1

"Woo girl you're shining, like a 5th Avenue diamond..."

I rolled over the sheets and countless pillows of my bed, trying to look for my phone in attempt of shutting off my alarm. The dispositive, which was previously next to my bed, fell on the floor. "Classic", by MKTO was still on and as much as I loved the song, I was starting to get pretty tired of it due to being my everyday alarm. I stretched my limbs letting a yawn escape of my lips. Standing up, I quickly got down on my knees in search of my phone, which was on the floor still ringing.

"You're over my head; I'm out of my mind thinking I was born into the wrong time. One of a kind living in a world plastic, baby you're so classic"

"Okay, enough", I picked up my phone and shut off the damn alarm. Still half asleep, I waltzed to the bathroom to get ready. Taking in my horrendous bed head, tired green eyes, and pale skin, I knew I had to do a lot of work for tonight.

Tonight my dad and his best friend and also business buddy, John Hemmings, would be opening a 5-star hotel in front of Central Park, naming it of course after our family's last name. They thought that the best way to celebrate was to throw a party, and my family is well known for being the head leaders of New York's most chic events. You could just take a look at Vogue's "Social Events" section and our last name will probably be there along pictures that show just how much do my parents love being on the spotlight, by spending loads of money just to please the rich New Yorkers that happen to be my social group 24/7.

Hawthorne. That last name that is pretty well known not only around New York City, but America in general and it happens to be my last name, too. See, my dad is a huge business man in the States. Not only does he own a bunch of hotels in the richest areas all around America, he is successful and pretty rich. On the other side we got my mom who is a recognized fashion designer, being always featured in my favorite magazines.

And then, there's me. Alexandria, the Hawthtorne's little girl, and also the only one they have got. But I'm not as interesting or pompous as them. Being a socialite isn't as fun as it looks. There is hard work behind it. Countless hours of make-up artists caking up your face. Doing extreme diets to fit in the latest Carolina Herrera dresses, and having to look flawless everywhere you go. It is my lifestyle, but just because I have to dress like them doesn't make me like them. While my mom orders our maid, Jessica, to get me dressed up, I always end up doing it myself. I hardly wear those fancy Max Azria gowns my mom gifts me here and then, or the Juicy Couture bracelets my father thinks I like. Most of the times I'm all about sweatpants and oversized sweaters. You can't blame me, New York is a pretty cold place to live.

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I noticed a few freckles have appeared around my nose due to being in Aruba for mom's birthday a few weeks ago. The intense sun, that would start setting down at around 6pm, plus the long hours of tanning at the beach or the private resort seem to have paid their toll. Not only do I have freckles on my nose, but on my shoulders as well.

I knew I had 1 hour to get ready or else my mom would kill me. Not literally, but when she gets mad, she resembles a serial killer, but this serial killer named Victoria wears Louboutin high heels and gets her nails done every week.

I scanned my closet, but quickly remembered my mom had set an entire outfit for me to wear tonight. Quickly looking around I found a black crisscross dress that had a V-line neckline and a zipper in the back.

Woah, how come is my mom letting me wear this? She's more of a classy woman. Not that I was disliking the dress though, I was a bit tired of her floral cupcake skirts already. I checked the brand. Of course it had to be from some recognized designer, my mom would never let me go out of the house wearing this dress unless someone paid her for me to wear it and promote the brand.