Chapter 6

Luke’s POV.

Mountains of clothes were everywhere you glanced at. Tons of Cheetos were all over each one of our beds, along with empty bags of sweets as well. The whole room smelled like cheese, and loud music was blasting through Michael’s speakers. On this occasion he wasn’t joining us because he went on a date with Nina, but his speakers are expensive as shit so we just took them without him knowing because the sound quality is mind-blowing.

 “Give me the damn water bottle, dude.” Calum said in an almost desesperate manner, trying to take the large Dasani water bottle from my hands.

“Calm the fuck down, Cal.” I took a sip of it and then gave it to him. Calum then went back to his bed and sat with his legs crossed, a huge grin on his face. He then took out his bong and Ashton joined him, carrying a small pack of weed.

“How in the world did you get that?” I cocked a brow, surprised of how easy was it for Ashton to get weed in here, that fast.

“I know some people here and there.” Ashton playfully winked at me before taking out a small chunk of the greenish herb.

Calum took out the bong’s grinder and put the herbs in the bowl of the bong, then Ashton took out his lighter and lighted the chunks of weed currently laying on the bowl. Smoke began to rise through the glass, quickly filling the entire room with it. Calum then inhaled from the chamber of the bong.

“I feel high as shit, man.” He then giggled. The two of them started taking turns inhaling, snorting at Calum’s loud coughs. After a few smokes he gave up and chugged down the entire water bottle.

I sat down next to them and placed my lips on the large tub, inhaling the smoke with my nose. I could slowly feel my thoughts mixing one with another with every inhale I took, so I decided to stop. I was trying to get away from my old ways of forgetting about my problems, which consisted of getting high or drunk as shit, and sometimes mixing a bit of both. I had decided awhile ago that I had to get better, for my family, and for me.

And for Alex too, my subconscious reminded me. You know damn well she would never date a drunken stoner with a crazy sex fetish.

 I turned around and faced the rest of the guys, their eyes red and glossy.

Although they looked like straight up stoners, truth is weed didn’t really affect any of us, at least not anymore. After years of trying different drugs from cocaine to LSD you get used to the trippy feeling drugs give you.

A light knock distracted us all from our thoughts. Calum and Ashton quickly turned around and looked at me as saying “you go; you don’t like high as a balloon, unlike us.”

I groaned and flipped off a laughing Ashton. Fixing my hair into its usual quiff I walked up to the door, slowly opening it.

What the fuck?

Alex was now standing in front of me, her eyes puffy from crying probably, her hair sticking out everywhere, and her small frame shaking as she bit her bottom lip, looking down at her shoes. She was wearing a gray dress that fitted her perfectly, along with black tights that embraced her long legs in the most exquisite way.

“Can I come in?” Alex muttered while taking a look of the room, not focusing on my eyes currently traveling down her body. 

“Alex! What’s up you cutie?” Ashton popped his head next to me and received her with a warm smile, his eyes traveling around everywhere but her.

“Fuck off.” I lightly kicked him on the stomach and Ashton walked away, still laughing. Turning back my attention to the crying beauty in front of me, I sighed, knowing this wasn’t going to be good.