Chapter 11

Alex's POV

Sunlight peered through the large windows facing my bed, forcing to wake up from my peaceful sleep. I stretched my limbs and let out a yawn -more like a roar. I untangled myself from the layers of duvets and sheets I sleep in and got myself up to prepare myself for yet another week of school.

Too soon.

"Shit!" I cursed my life away after stepping on a shoe and tripping. My face faced the ceiling, and I closed my eyes again, groaning.

Mondays are the epitome of the worst.

"Are you okay?" Jessica asked as she opened the door to my room, carrying my breakfast in one of my mom's trays. She has an obsession with kitchen supplies.

I nodded, propping myself up. "Morning." Another yawn escaped my lips, making Jessica giggle.

"You seem a bit groggy today." Jessica stated, placing the tray in my bed. Today's breakfast consisted in granola and fruit, along with a large glass of chocolate milk.

"When am I ever not groggy?" I inquired, taking a sip of the chocolate milk and giving Jessica a nod. "This is delicious."

"It's organic." She pointed out, smiling.

"Nice." I smiled back. Jessica was looking incredibly beautiful today. Her curly hair was tied in a high ponytail, giving attention to her green eyes and bronze skin. I have always hoped to be as pretty as her when I get older.

"Did you try on the dress for your dad's party?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

I shifted my weight and shook my head. Honestly, with school up my butt I haven't really had time to do anything but study. Luke and I have texted a few times, and he would call me twice a day, but I hadn't seen him since the concert, last week. I promised him that I would organize my time so we could grab something to eat after school today, which was what I was looking forward to.

"Do you have your dress for the party?" I asked.

Jessica seemed to really think her answer. After awhile she nodded. "It's not really glamorous but it will work. I used it for my friend's wedding once."

I knew about Jessica's economic situation. I remember awhile back when our family went to Orlando and we took little Malia with us. It was her first time visiting Disney, and both Jessica and Malia's smiles were something I would do anything just to see it again.

"Let's go shopping sometime this week!" I said excitedly. "Let's go to Macy's this Wednesday, I'll pay."

Jessica tried to argue back, but I shut her up. She nodded and thanked me, giving me a tight embrace. After she left I took a shower and brushed my teeth. It was very sunny today, so I decided to go for a navy blue pleated skirt and a striped long sleeve shirt, along with comfortable flats. I still don't understand how girls could wear heels to school, the only reason I would wear them is to kick someone in the face with them if they got on my nerves.

My mom took me to school and I was greeted by Nina and some other girls from our group at the entrance. Nina and I's first class was Philosophy, my personal favorite.

Nina and I sat next to each other at the front. It was pretty early, giving us a few minutes to talk.

"You're still in for lunch after school, right?" Nina asked.

"Yup." I said, popping the p. "You know I don't miss lunches at Panera Bread for any chances."

"True." Nina smiled. "Professor Harris is late again. I bet he's praying to his God, or doing yoga. Maybe both at the same time." She groaned.