Chapter 9: Feel Again

Felicity felt like she was floating in clouds. She was relaxed and never wanted to leave wherever she was. But every so often she could hear a voice. After a while she figured it out. It was Oliver. He was speaking to her, she knew he was although she couldn't tell what he was saying. She figured he was asking her to come back, but honestly she didn't know if she wanted to go back. Going back meant facing her life again. She would have to talk to Oliver about everything and it all seemed like too much. People would probably be better off without her she thought.

Felicity heard Oliver's voice just like every other time. But this time she could understand him. Her daughter needed her and so did he. She was even more lost in her own thoughts when she heard Oliver say, "Felicity... I love you." That snapped her out of everything. She had to go back, she knew people needed her. And there was a chance to work things out with Oliver. It wouldn't be easy, but she needed to try for all their sakes.

Felicity fought to awaken and she won. She regained consciousness. She felt her hand being held and knew it was Oliver's. She slowly moved her hand to intertwine their fingers. She then opened her eyes and then Oliver looked up at her. Looking into his beautiful blue eyes, she realized how much she missed them.

"Oliver." Felicity whispered weakly.

"I'm here Felicity. I'm here." Oliver spoke softly.

Felicity gave him a weak smile. She was in pain. So much pain. Out of everything she only had two questions. "Is Liv ok?" She asked worried for the answer she would get.

Oliver laughed slightly as a tear slid down his cheek. "Yeah she's fine. Just a few cuts and bruises." He said still holding her hand.

"And," Felicity started, "are you ok?" She hated to admit it, but she was worried about him.

"Yeah. I'm fine, don't worry about me. Ok?" He told her looking into the blue eyes he missed.

"Ok." She simply stated. Although she just woke up, she was really tired.

Doctors came in and noticed Felicity was awake. They asked Oliver to leave so they could run some tests. He agreed and left to go sit in the sitting area.

~•~•~

It was a while later and Oliver was aloud to go back into Felicity's room. He knocked lightly and heard her speak.

"Come in." Felicity said weakly.

Oliver opened the door and walked in. He sat in the chair next to her bed. "Hey." He said lightly.

"Hey." She have him a small smile.

As Oliver looked at her he noticed color starting to return to her face. She looked better, she looked alive.

It was silent for a moment. Oliver desperately wanted to take her hand in his like he's been doing. But he didn't know if it was welcome. So he decided against it. He finally decided to break the silence.

"Liv will be excited to see you." He said looking down in his lap. "Her and Roy have gotten along really well." A small smile tugged at his lips.

"Has she seen me?" Felicity asked.

"No." was all Oliver said.

"Why not?" Felicity asked. She wasn't mad, she just wanted to know why.

"She was really traumatized by the whole thing. So we all thought it would be best to wait till you got home." Oliver explained.

"Oh." She said. "But you didn't know if I would come home."

"I know." Was all he could say.

"Oliver, I agree with your choice." Felicity said. Clearly seeing that he was worried he did the wrong thing.