Chapter 5

Jamie caught up to her.

Her face was buried in her hands crying. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and lead her to a place that would be more private.

He found an alley that he had seen the day before when he had been walking around the city.

Star slid against to wall and sat with her face buried in her knees.

Jamie sat beside her, and hugged her.

He did not say anything. He just waited until she stopped crying or said something.

Finally Star lifted her head out of her knees and wiped her eyes. Eye-liner was running down her cheeks from the tears.

Jamie lifted his hand to her face. He rubbed the eye-liner off the best he could. As he did this, he looked into Star's glowing green eyes and smiled softly.

Star blushed at this and looked away.

Jamie lost his smile and cupped her chin into his hands.

He looked back into her eyes and smiled again. Star's cheeks got even brighter.

Jamie moved his hand, and asked," Are you okay?"

Star turned away again and nodded lightly.

Jamie frowned at this," Star I know that we have not known each other long, but you can talk to me."

She looked back at him when he said this. She felt like Jamie was different from all the others. She felt as if she really could trust him.

"I.. I know, Jamie," she said.

Star was not ready to talk about anything yet. She felt like she could trust him, yes, but she still did not want to talk about it. She did not like talking about it. She had never told anyone anything. So, all this was new to her. She had never had anyone to talk to before.

Jamie smiled softly, and hugged Star close. He figured she would tell him once she was ready. When ever that may be he did not know.

Jamie honestly did not know why, but he felt something different when he was around Star. She was not an ordinary girl. She was unique in every way you could possibly think of. He liked that. You could say this may be love at first sight, but that is for Jamie and Star to figure out, but who knows what may happen between now and then.

Will they end up loving each other?