Chapter 7

After school she walked to the alley he had taken her to the night prior.

There she sat and did her homework. When she finished, she still sat there. She was hoping that she would catch Jamie walking.

After a while of waiting, she heard someone coming.

She grabbed her things and crouched behind a blue rusted dumpster.

After she got hidden, the person turned the corner to walk down the narrow alley she was in. The only thing that she could make out of the figure was that it was a male.

He wore a black hoody with the hood up. Star could not see his face for this no matter how much she squinted her eyes.

He had just gotten past the dumpster Star was hidden behind when her knee started giving out and her foot slipped. She fell out from behind the dumpster and to the ground.

The person jumped and stared at her.

Star stood up quickly getting ready just in case she had to defend herself.

As she got up the person let down his hood. It was Jamie.

A smile appeared on Stars' face.

She ran to hug him.

Star hugged him tight, and Jamie did the same back. He was happy to see her.

When they let go of each other, Star looked to his face and said," Where wer... What happened!!??!"

Jamie's face was all beaten up. He had a very bad black eye and gashes on his lips, forehead, and nose.

Jamie looked to the ground.

"Jamie?"

He looked back to her face. He did not know what to say.

"I'm fine Star. You've no need to worry, I promise," Jamie said giving her a soft smile.

"Jamie, please tell me."

He sighed and nodded lightly. He walked to the wall of the alley and slid down it to sit down.

He sighed again," You know the guy that I shoved yesterday for tripping you?"

Star nodded nervously.

"Well he and a couple of his friends caught me walking after you left, and..." He stopped talking.

Star's eyes started to water.

"Oh, Star please don't cry it's fine honestly. I'll be okay," Jamie hugged her.

"I'm so sorry Jamie. I didn't mean for you to have to deal with this crap," she sobbed into his chest.

Jamie ran his fingers gently through her hair.

"Star, I would do anything =, as long as I know that your safe."

Star looked into his eyes.

Jamie smiled and leaned down closer to Star. He closed his eye, and she did the same. Before his lips touched hers, Star coward away, and blushed. She was not ready yet.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Since it was the weekend, Star and Jamie agreed to meet each other there in the alley, and hang out.

The both had strong feelings for each other, but neither really wanted to face them right now.

Even though they both had only known each other for a couple days, they still had these feelings that neither of them, at that age, understood. The had neither ever felt this way for another person before.