when schweppes was no longer needed

may 16 2017 - after wedding party

everyone started leaving except for the bride and groom's best buddies, oh well, for isay and simon, their honeymoon can wait. the couple booked adjoining rooms just so they could catch up on everyone's lives, but if they are all honest, they're all just keen on finding out what happened on maine's life for almost two years. after she deactivated all her socmed accounts, changed numbers, decided not to show up on any gathering of their gang and disappearing from their lives.

isay got lucky a month before her wedding when she was searching her IG and saw a corporate groupfie posted by angelo ledesma, one of her classmates in college, the photo showed his college classmate with their friend, maine. she sent gelo a private message to confirm if it was really their friend. gelo replied and confirmed that it was indeed maine mendoza on the picture with him, taken during one of their company team building event. that's when she learned that gelo was working with maine in a luxurious hotel in macau. he told isay that maine is currently a sous chef in robuchon galera, a three-star michelin french restaurant in their hotel, isay then gave gelo her number and pleaded him to tell maine to contact her as soon as she can.

maine finally called her a few days after and promised her she would be there on her wedding day  and that she would also be spending a few days in the philippines so they can re-connect. isay took it that she was all good. that the pain of their break up is now water under the bridge. and when she arrived at the reception with rj tailing her, she thought she all was well. or... that was what her mind wants her to think.... not her heart though....

they all decided to settle in one of the rooms. the room assigned for the boys. bottles of blue label, macallan 17, veuve clicquot and herradura anejo are now being consumed while chatting on the carpetted floor.

"pare nasan ang soda water?" asked lester

"dude wala akong biniling hendricks o kaya grey goose, para san naman ang soda?" simon answered with a puzzled look

"hon, hindi kasi umiinom si maine but she can tolerate that champagne" the bride said while popping the cork of the veuve clicquot

it's ok isay. herradura's fine maine announced while getting a shot glass and the salt shaker, paki-abot na lang yung lemon please

everyone exchanged glances, confusion written all over their faces. and to say that rj was surprised was an understatement by the way he gritted his teeth.

maine had a glimpse of their reaction. WHAT? guys ano, first time nyo makakita ng bente kwatro anyos na babae na umiinom ng tequila? just to calm you guys i've had absinthe once. so i'm good...

it was addie who cleared the air "basta ako 25 na!!!"

everyone laughed except for rj who suddenly had the courage to ask but trying very hard not to sound frustrated, he whispered to her — umiinom ka na?

she just smiled and raise her glass CHEERS!!! to the bride and groom!!! FOR A WONDERFUL LIFETIME AHEAD!!! pagbalik ko binyag naman!!!

the room erupted with a loud cheer while downing their own drink.

and so the catching up began....