limang minuto pa

may 16 2017

rj sat on the floor, his back leaned against the bed with maine on his lap, his right hand rubbing her back his left hand caressing the right side of her face while both of her hands hugged his left arms. they stayed like that in silence. and on that moment, they found peace....

after the confrontation that bore overwhelming emotions and huge revelations, she felt the exhaustion creeping in. and with rj' s arm now cradling her, surprisingly, she felt relieved, the warmth of his embrace made her feel she's finally home. just like the old times. his arms will always be her home. no matter how many times her mind reminded herself that she did not deserve his forgiveness, her heart begged to differ as if telling her to go run back to his arms. with so much things running through her head she did not realize that she dozed off.

rj felt maine's steady breathing and he's certain maine fell asleep. he placed a soft kiss on her temple and slowly he moved to carry her to bed careful not to wake her up. his mind debated on tucking her in bed and keeping her in his arms. not wanting to let her go, he slowly sat on the edge of the bed kicked off his shoes and move his way to the middle, he adjusted himself while making sure the bundle in his arms will not be disturbed, he leaned his back on the headboard and closed his eyes. and in hushed tones he spoke

'i'm sorry bie... ako ang dapat humingi ng tawad sayo... i'm sorry i was so selfish, inisip ko lang yung sakit na nararamdaman ko nung mga panahong yun, di ko man lang inisip na mas nasasaktan ka pala.... i'm sorry for letting you go that time... i'm sorry i kept you in pain for the past two years.... babawi tayo ha.... we'll make up for the lost years.... at magdadagdag pa tayo ng mas marami pang mga taon.... i love you bie, thank you for being strong.... for me... for our angel....'

he opened his eyes and looked at her sleeping form. he tried to dry the tears in her cheeks causing her to murmur

bu... five minutes.... i love you

he chuckled, remembering the times when he would wake her up to get ready for school up until the time she needs to get ready for work. this was always the routine. she would always snuggle to him and in her sweet voice would ask for that additional five minutes with her eyes still closed and she knows he can't say no when she would say that i love you so he would always give in. sabi nga ng mga kaibigan nila, isang yakap lang... isang yakap lang ni meng wala siyang hindi pwedeng gawin at ibigay.... isang yakap. even in her sleep she's still his maine. his baby. for the first time after they met at the wedding reception he finally saw the girl he fell in love with and the girl who fell in love with him. the girl who feared of losing him....

'ang tapang mo bie.... sa liit mong yan, hindi ko alam kung san mo kinuha lahat ng lakas ng loob para harapin lahat ng mag-isa. you don't deserve that. gusto kitang pasalamatan kasi you spared me from suffering pero believe me when i say, mas gugustuhin kong makihati dun sa sakit.... pra hindi ka napagod... para hindi ka naubos.... para kahit papano sana may natira... kaya ngayon.... pagbigyan mo ko ha. ako naman. and i promise you.... i'll make the pain go away. i'll make it stop. you have to stay. kasi may rason na ako... i love you. there was never a day i did not....'

and with that, he as well gave in to sleep. looking forward to the next day ahead. tomorrow, finally, they would start over....

***********************************************

thank you 🙏 po sa lahat ng nagbabasa... NAPAKALAKING BAGAY po sa akin na binibigyan nyo ng oras ang munting kwento na to.... at sa ibang maichard authors na nagbibigay ng inspirasyon at lakas ng loob para ituloy ko ang pagsusulat... at syempre sa mga bibis, salamat sa inspirasyon.... MARAMING SALAMAT PO❤️