Chapter 5

Some things are not accurate about the looks but whatever.

I joined the group at our table in the cafeteria. It consisted the Schuyler sisters, Maria, Alex, Laf, and Hercules. I sat next to Alex. I laced our hands together. "Hey." Alex whispered in my ear. I faintly smiled and grabbed Alex's arm. Alex put his hand on top of mine and I pulled my sleeve down. "Well John and I are going to have some fun time." He winked at our group. I began to blush. "But I just got here." I whined as I stood up along with Alex. "Let's meet up at the Schuyler's dorm room for dinner and we can go out.Meet us there at six." Laf reassured. Peggy is literally next door to her older sisters.

Alex dragged me to our dorm and locked the door. "Okay, I have this question bugging me all day and I need an answer." Alex demanded making fear of what the question is. But he's really hot when he's demanding. "Your arms." He muttered holding my sleeves. "It's nothing I promise." I state as he rolls up my sleeves. "Wait what? No scars. But you have freckles." Alex said pulling down my sleeves. "Uh yeah, I'm insecure about the amount of freckles I have." I said ashamed putting my head down. "You're beautiful you know that? You don't have to wear sleeves, I love your freckles." Alex complimented pulling off my flannel and just leaving me in my white shirt. Alex held my freckled arms in his hands and carefully inspected them. "Stop hiding them. Promise?" Alex sighed and kissed my cheek. "I promise." I mumbled fluttering my eyes shut and smiling amongst myself. "Let's watch a movie." I suggested holding Alex's waist. "Or we can have some fun." Alex murmured pushing me on his bed as I squealed in excitement.

"Alexander!" I gasp, "stop!" He continued to tickle me and kiss me all over my face. He sat on my waist and held my arms above my head with one hand. With the other he continued to tickle my sides. I was trying to push him off of my waist. It was useless. "I have to pee!" I shout at him. "Unless you tell me I'm hot." Alex grinned slyly. "Fine, you're hot. Like really hot." I said rolling my eyes. I kissed him and made my way towards the bathroom.

I come back out with clothes on my bed and Alex sitting next to them. "You're wearing this blue semi long sleeves shirt." Alex announced and threw the shirt at me. "Okay okay." I said pulling off my shirt. "Damn baby, you look hot." Alex said while I threw my shirt at him. I buttoned up the other shirt he gave me. "Nooooo." He screamed softly. "What?" I asked while pulling on my white converse. I just noticed that Alex was wearing a white button down with black birds on it. "I like your shirt." I said grabbing Alex's hand and pulling him out of the dorm room. We walked out of the boys building into the girls building. We got into the girls floor and we had a bunch of girls gushing at us.

"How come I don't know much about you?" I asked as we stopped walking. "Well what do you want to know?" He asked. "Where are you from." I wondered if he had anything else to hide. "I'm from the Caribbean and I moved out here when you came. A few hours earlier. I'm actually going to turn eighteen in January 11th of next year." He answered truthfully while we continued walking. I nodded and we were silent for the rest of the way to the dorm. Alex held my arm as he walked to the Schuyler's dorm. We heard voices from the inside and I knocked on the door. Angelica opened up the door and greeted us in.

We said our hellos to everyone and now we were waiting for Peggy and her girlfriend. It was herc and laf. Eliza and Angelica. Then Peggy and Maria. And lastly it was Alex and I. Everyone basically has a partner. Peggy and Maria finally came and we all walked to the diner a few blocks from the school. We all laughed and talked on the way there. We got to the diner and we sat on the booth next to our dates. We ordered our meal and began to eat dinner. "So, congratulations to John and Alex. They are now a couple." Hercules announced while raising a glass of water. We all raised our glasses. "Raise a glass to freedom." Lafayette sang. We all raised our plastic cups full of water, juice, or soda in the air. Then we drank our drinks. Eliza looked down in shame avoiding eye contact with anyone. Angelica was comforting her.

"Eliza and I will go back to our dorm. She's not feeling well." Angelica announced as she grabbed Eliza's arm and took her away from the group. A collection of goodbyes were said. Alex and I looked at each other with the same thought in mind. She's not over Alex. After they left I decided that Alex and I should leave. We said goodbye and left. "You see, no one noticed your freckles." Alex smiled pulling me closer. I leaned in and kissed him softly and gently. "Thank you." I whispered gratefully. "You're gorgeous." He smiled softly. God how much I love that smile of his. We held hands and walked the rest of the way to our dorm.
We got in and Alex grabbed his backpack.
"Hey I have to go somewhere, I need to go meet Theodosia at the pharmacy. I'll be back." Alex said as he kissed me goodbye. "Okay." I replied and he left. My phone began to ring.

"Follow him."

"Who are you and.."

The line went dead.

Ooooh I love me some cliffhangers. What is Alex really hiding? Does John ignore the phone call? Who knows?