Chapter 10

"Hey, why did you guys move back into the dorms?" I asked Peggy walking her back to class. It had been about a two months since Alex had proposed to take me out on a date. The date. "The three of us couldn't afford it and we were never really there. I was with Maria all the time and my older sisters hung out with Theodosia and Burr." Peggy explained opening the door to her room. "I like how George just practically fell asleep and we just did whatever. Well we left. Anyways, I'm going to go meet with Alex for brunch." I said hugging Peggy a farewell until our next meeting. I walked back to my dorm and I noticed my door was open. I heard talking. It was Alex and Jefferson, what the hell was he doing here? I stood by the door and listened.

"Alright you listen you son of a bitch, you don't ever call John ever again? If not I will fucking slice your throat and throw your body in the ocean. Leaving you an unsolved missing's persons case." Alex threatened, damn he has quite the balls. "And why should I do that. I can kill you right here and right now if I wanted to." Jefferson replied nonchalantly. Why doesn't Jefferson even seemed fazed by the threat. "But you won't because there's too many people around. I could scream right now and you can get arrested for attempted murder. Now let's make a deal." Alex said a bit more quiet. "And that deal is?" He asked still as loud that he usually is. "We don't kill each other and stay out of each other's lives. You kill your people and I kill mine. Well you assassinate those with higher power but same thing." Alex explained, I heard Jefferson mutter a yes and I heard footsteps coming closer. I took a few steps back and I walked towards my door. Jefferson had bumped into me and just rudely stomped away.

I entered my dorm to see Alex frustrated. "Hey, Lexi what's wrong?" I asked hugging his waist. "Nothing, Jefferson is just annoying." Alex replied turning around wrapping his arms around my neck. "Since today is Friday, we don't have anything on the weekends, maybe we can do our date tonight." Alex suggested cupping my face with his hand. "Oooh, so maybe we can skip brunch and just go to lunch with our friends." I smiled resting my forehead on his. "Or we can skip lunch and sleep." Alex encouraged pecking my lips. I nodded tiredly and yawned. We both laid down on his bed. We got under the comforter and adjusted ourselves. "I'm so exhausted." I whined snuggling in closer to Alex. "Me too John, me too." Alex slurred. We both fell asleep in silence. This time, there was no worry or even lust in the air. All it was silence and comfort in the air. Nothing more, nothing less. The warmth Alex gave off made me feel, fulfilled and so relaxed.

I had woken up to see Alex fluttering his intelligent brown eyes open. "Okay get up, we have to go to Washington's class." I yawned rubbing Alex's side. We got up and put on our shoes. "Let's go." Alex muttering tiredly dragging me out the dorm. We arrived to our class and everyone standing there. "What's going on?" I asked Lafayette. "Uh, he's gone for the week. He has hospital issues." Lafayette muttered. "So about that date, can we do it today? I have something to tell you." I nodded my head and I told Alex I'll be gone for an hour and I'll come back for our date.

Laf and I arrived at the coffee shop and we sat down after ordering our coffees and receiving them. "So about Jefferson and I. Well I'm adopted and so is he." I choked on my coffee and I sputtered all over. "Yeah, so I got adopted by two French parents and we remained in France. I learned English in France so I could go to America with my family. And then by middle school well you know the rest." I hummed in response and I took his hand in mine. "And Jefferson on the other hand. Was adopted in France and immediately taken to America. So he got the advantage to learn English." Lafayette explained. "So you are both French. Like full blooded. And you guys are twins?" I asked squeezing his hand slightly. He looked down and his curls bounced. "Yeah, but our mother had no relatives. An only child, parents died, and we don't know our father. She had complications giving birth so we were immediately put up for adoption." I finished my coffee cup and I saw Laf gingerly take a sip from his. "I can't believe you're related to that dickhead. Did you even know about him?" I said drawing imaginary patterns on the table. "No not until he came up to me two months ago. He had all the records and all the data proving that we were related." Lafayette pursed his lips and drank the rest of his coffee. "Okay so I have a date with Alex so we need to hurry." I exclaimed yanking Lafayette to the building. He hummed in response.

Lafayette had walked me back to my dorm and stood in front of the door. "Okay so first off have fun." He began. "You don't have to be my mother." I argued laughing slightly. "I'm the only mother you'll have. Anyways, and secondly, don't moan too loud. I just moved next door and you moan so loudly." Lafayette laughed stepping out of the way. "Be safe." Lafayette called out entering his dorm. I walked into my dorm to see Alex packing up a bag. "Get ready." Alex smiled pecking my cheek.

What is that bag for?

What is in the bag? And what is the date Alex has planned?