three: winterfell

"Valaeria?" A deep voice rumbled. It called me again and I opened my eyes. I saw the joyous face of Robb staring down at me. The eldest Stark helped me sit up and guided my lips to sip the hot drink that tasted like piss.

"I know how to drink tea." I pouted.

"If I let you hold to mug on your own, you'd spill it and burn your skin."

"What happened?"

"You fainted and weren't breathing. Maester Luwin. He still has no clue what triggered your episode, but he said you're fine now. You are confined to bed for a few more hours."

"Only a day?"

"The statement was actually eight."

"I've been asleep for seven days?"

My legs were numb and my hair was a rat's nest. I looked around my room, and noticed a few things. A makeshift bed on the floor, and a smaller one next to it. A bucket of warm milk and a clean towel. A bone with the marrow sucked out.

"Robb, have you been sleeping on the floor for seven days?"

"I wanted to be the first thing you saw when you awoke."

"My bed is large enough for two."

"I didn't want to hurt you." He looked down in shame. I took note of his puffy eyes and red nose. His hair was unruly, as if he'd run his hands through it too many times.

"Robb, have you been crying over me?" He nodded before putting his head into my lap. He gripped my hands as he sobbed into the fur. I didn't disturb him. Robb rarely showed this much emotion, even to me.

"I thought that I'd killed you. You didn't breathe until yesterday. You wouldn't move and your heartbeat was silent. I didn't want to believe you were dead. I cried over your body, hoping you'd wake. It worked, didn't it?" He smiled weakly.

"I thought I told you I wasn't going anywhere."

Grinning, he climbing onto my bed and holding me in his arms. My eyes landed on the bucket of milk and little bed again. "Did we get another dog?"

"Not necessarily. Grey Wind!" An adorable grey pup came hurdling towards me. It jumped up and sat obediently in my lap. I giggled and stroked its fluffy back. "This is the little thing who tried to get milk from you because we were out this morning."

"A direwolf!" I exclaimed as I rubbed my cheeks against its nose. He licked my face and bark excitedly. "They do grow so fast."

"Yes, he's already the twice size of my grown ones' pups."

"He's a good boy!" I patted his rump and he went to rest on his bed.

"We'll have to begin keeping him outside soon."

"No, he'll stay here. I'll get him a proper bed and give him good meat. He'll be big and strong like his father!"

"Speaking of fathers. My own would like to see you."

"Of course."

*****

"My Valaeria!" Ned shouted with joy when he saw me walk in. It was lunchtime and the royal family was dining with us. I grinned when I saw Ned.