thirteen: robb's camp

"Throwing up again? Has anything stayed down these past two days?" Catelyn quickly came over to hold my hair back as I tasted my breakfast the second time today.

"Not much. I feel like eating a horse, but I can't keep it down." I wiped my mouth as I felt there was nothing to bring back up. I was soon proved wrong, and I began to dry heave.

"When was the last time you had your blood?"

"I only skipped two months."

"Have you been able to sleep?"

"Not without spending hours trying to find the right position."

"Did you sleep with Robb? And you know what I mean, Valaeria."

"Yes, but that was two months ago. If I was pregnant, wouldn't the signs have shown earlier?"

"Everyone is different. I'm to be a grandmother!" Catelyn screamed, making many wandering men look over at us. I glared at her, and washed my face at a different spot in the nearby river.

"Robb thinks I'm just ill and is very close to sending me to sending to Riverrun."

"Why Riverrun?"

"It's the last place he has family in. He thinks if I'm sick that I should go there, but I'm pregnant!"

"We should see the Maester to be certain."

"Catelyn, what if I'm not? Everyone will know that I slept with Robb."

"What will they do? You're the Queen."

Well...

My good mother pulled me towards the maester's tent and we were stopped by the king. He took a glance at my face and my hand on my stomach.

"Valaeria?" He got in very close to my ear, as to not reveal anything uncertain to passers. "Did you find out if we're having the child?"

"I'm not sure."

"Go lay down in our bed. The cots are so uncomfortable."

"I'm only going in for him to check."

"I'll go find the midwives, women who've actually had children before. Go lay down, my love. Mother, will you take her? I have to attend to a problem with Roose Bolton. I'll see you later." Robb quickly kissed my head before jogging off in the opposite direction.

Catelyn led me to our tent and I sat up on the bed. In only minutes, the three midwives came in. They closed the tent and forced me to undress. I looked at Catelyn, and she nodded.

"Did you have to do this?" I inquired as I removed my crown first.

"Five times."

I shrugged before asking them to help me undo the laces of my gown. Once it was off, they carefully laid me on my back. They tended to my bruised body but did not ask where they came from.

"Your Grace, you cannot give birth with these wounds. They'll only cause more pain." One of the women told me.

"Your name?"