one: winterfell

"Robb!" I squealed joyously as he splashed more mud into my face. It had just rained here in the North and all the children were having fun, so we'd thought we'd join them.

"Val, you're really very bad at this!" Robb ran a dirty hand through his slimy, mucky hair. His blue eyes still shone through all the grime, and he offered his hand to me, who was still sitting pitifully in the puddle.

"I'm not! You just surprised me!" He playfully imitated my voice in an overdramatic pitch and pulled my body out of the mud. My silver hair now looked auburn and my pale skin now made me look Southern Dornish.

"Let's go home because you and I had need a bath." We carefully ran out of the swamp before stopping before the front gates of Winterfell. The guards opened up to see their future Lord and Lady covered shamelessly in dirt.

"Everyone is staring." I whispered.

"Let them. The commoners seeing us like this is good. They know we are their equals and that we aren't as stoic as Father makes us seem."

"Yes, to many, us wolves do look very emotionless at times."

"You're not a wolf. You're a dragon."

"You are the one of the only people in Westeros to know that. Robb, you cannot throw that word around. You know that."

"I do. We're safe here in the North."

"You can't possibly believe that."

"You're 18! I'm 17! Who's after us? We're to be married in a year!"

"Which makes us more of a target. You can't get a big head and think you've all the answers. You must observe your strengths and your weaknesses. You crush your weakness and build up your strength. That's how you win."

"Win what?"

"The Game of Thrones."

"That's the pettiest thing I've ever heard."

"Heed my words, Robb."

"You sound like my mother." He laughed as we reached the ascending stairwell into the bedroom part of the castle.

"This is no joke. Who knows what lies in the South? Those Lannisters wait for us to look weak and wait to pounce on us. If we aren't careful, the heads of our families will be put on spikes."

"What lies south is the Iron Throne. The place where my Father's best friend sits and drinks until he can't. Tywin can't reach us here. You need to stop worrying."

"You need to start worrying. In only four years, you'll be Lord of Winterfell, Warden of the North. We might be parents. You'll be a walking target. If Robert or Cersei ever find out you're engaged to a Targaryen, they'll come for us all."

"I'll be more careful and more observant. Is that what you want?"

"I want you to be alive long enough for us to be married and have beautiful children."

"As do I. I'll see you at dinner, Valaeria." He bowed jokingly before kissing my hand and leaving to his own bedroom. I sighed before entering my space.

I threw my clothes onto the cold, stone floor. Someone had been kind enough to run a bath for me. It was still hot, the way I loved it. I stepped in and sat with the unopened letter from across the Narrow Sea. Daenerys!

My Dear Valeria,

I'm not sure how you've been or where you are, but I hope they're both good answers. As for me, I cannot say it's been pleasant. Viserys has decided I've a woman's body now, and should be married off as soon as possible. I saw a man. His name, Khal Drogo of the Dothraki tribe. He had a longq at black braid that went to at least his bum. He was handsome, sure, but I was practically naked before him. He rode away on his stallion without saying a word. Afterwards, we were married at some blood ritual. Oh, Val, they killed each other! It was such savagery. The best part of the night came to pass. I was gifted with a silver mare. It's not the Dothraki custom to name their horses, so I just say my silver. We rode our horses to a shore where he sat me on a rock. I realized what would happen next, and he wiped my tears. I thought he'd be rough and careless, but it was wonderful. I just might love this man. I wish I could say the same of our brother. This might be the last letter I send to you, for Viserys is watching my every step. I hope we meet again soon. Write me back when you can safely.