four: winterfell

The more I looked at the stupid, smug look on Joffrey's face, the harder I stabbed my food with the fork. Robb kept glancing at me warily before he gently took my hands in his.

"You're not fine."

"Robb, you once told me that you'd give me anything in Westeros. Absolutely anything?"

"I still keep to that promise."

"I want Joffery Barstheon's head on a pike."

"Done," he kissed my knuckles. He almost kissed me, but Arya had done something that made Catelyn very upset. "It seems it's time for Arya to go to bed."

I laughed as I saw Catelyn glare at us. She meant for us to carry the mischievous little girl to sleep. She'd been throwing food at Sansa and making a mess. As I got up, I felt something wet and sloppy hit my face. I could only hear Arya's evil giggling.

I grabbed handful of mashed potatoes and chucked them into her face. Her laughter ceased and Sansa's began. Arya got over it quite quickly and threw a slice of cake at me. I ducked and it Robb in the nose. The three of us and bystanders roared with laughter.

Robb got his plate of wild boar and dumped it on my head. I screamed in disgust and glared at him. I took my wine at splashed it in his face. He gasped and growled playfully. He chased me about the finger with a bowl of dreadful pork stew in hand. I ran until I grabbed the girls and that's when Ned caught us.

"How could you embarrass me like that?" Ned shouted at Robb. Robb took notice of how I jumped and made our situation worse.

"Father, calm down."

"Calm down?"

"You're scaring the girls."

"It was just a bit of fun, Father," Sansa smiled. "Did you see the way Mother turned red?"

"That's not funny, Sansa," Ned tried to hide his laughter until he couldn't. "Come to bed, girls."

He took his daughters and walked behind them as they skipped and told him about their days. Robb and I walked silently hand in hand to his bedroom.

I climbed into bed and turned my back to him. He blew out the candle and got warm under the furs and sheets. He wrapped his strong around my torso and his hand casually rested on my breast.

"Your hand would do well to move itself to a different position," I said. He decided to be a smart ass and slowly creep his fingers to my waist. My eyes glowed yellow as my anger rose. "Robb Stark!"

"I'm sorry, darling. Sorry." He kissed my bare shoulder and realized something. "Are you naked?"

"It's too warm in here."

"Of course." He chuckled. We stayed in a comfortable silence until he asked me to tell him about my childhood with my uncle.

"That terrible palace was never my home. It wasn't welcoming or happy. It always gave an aura of cold and wrongdoing. I hated it. I missed the halls of Dragonstone. I used to take walks with my mother, Rhaella, before she died. She'd practically drag me across the floor, I was so lazy. The food was delicious and it was never cold in the castle.

"No matter what they say about the Targaryens, we knew how to throw a ball. We'd have plates full of wild boar, barrels of Dornish wine, stacks of pigeon pies, and trays of chocolate and lemon cakes. Before the food came out, the young men and women came out and danced in the ball room. Rhaegar would sway with my mother whenever he was home. He'd play princess with me and twirl me till I got dizzy. The he'd my kiss my head and put me to sleep. The balls lasted until the flight to Dragonstone. Only the Red Keep and the gardens could hold such events.

"I'd dream of riding dragons and becoming queen of Westeros. I'd ride into battle on my own beautiful beast. I'd name him Drago, like the constellation. Little did I know, the last night Rhaegar kissed me goodnight was the night I dreamed of sitting on the throne. The next day I was sent to my uncle. I never saw my mother again or kissed her goodbye. I never saw Danaerys or Viserys grow up. I never got another goodnight kiss from Rhaegar. My life was taken from me.

"Now, Dragonstone brings good memories along with awful ones. After my birthplace and my uncle's castle, I came here. My newest home. It's the one I've lived in for the longest. I love it here. It may be a frozen heaven, but it's heaven."

Robb gently turned my body to look at him. I looked away, but his hand brought my eyes into focus on his blue orbs. He smiled, flashing his pearls. His reddish brown curls were highlighted by the moonlight.

"Stay with me in heaven then?"

"Are you asking me to stay?"

"Yes, please?"

"I'm staying with you, Robb Stark."

"I'm going to give you what you asked for."

"What?"

"I will get you that boy's head. I swear it on my life."

"I was angry. I didn't know what I was saying."

"I know what I'm saying." I stared into his eyes which had no trace of humor in them before smiling.

"It won't be long until the Lannisters or the Baratheons need a wealthy ally. I can send a letter to a friend tomorrow morning to arrange a visit."

"A wealthy friend?"

"The Tyrells of Highgarden?"

"Olenna Tyrell? Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure. Loras and Margery are friends. She used to play with me and Rhaegar before the rebellion. Loras was and still is a bit different."

"Shy?"

"Gay."

"Oh." Robb smirked. No one else except Jon and I knew of Robb's past experiments with boys and girls.

"Robb, don't be like that. He's an honorable knight and a fine young man."

"Who enjoys other fine young men?"

"Robb!"

"I couldn't resist."

"Don't make jokes like that around him."

"He'd rather me make love to him." I glared at my wolf before turning to the other side of the bed. He laughed at his joke as he snuggled into me. I let myself chuckle before drifted into a peaceful sleep.