Restless

It does not look like I'm going to Halifax today but he's still here instead of BC where the conservatives want him to be fighting fires because that's totally his job. ~sarcasm~

I broke up with Gilbert.

That was all Matthew decided to text to Francis. He didn't want to tell his papa about the cheating. He didn't want to hurt their friendship.

Mon Fils, why?

Why indeed?

It just wasn't working out.

Matthew was still in Ivan's bed, but the Russian was asleep. He felt gross and guilty, like he was cheating too. Gilbert hadn't even read his breakup text yet.

Do you need me to stay longer? Do you want to talk about it?

Matthew pulled the blanket over his head.

No. I'll be okay.

He wouldn't be okay. He was falling apart. He wanted run away and never come back.

You're not in your room, are you?"

How did he know?

No. Why?

Francis took a while to type.

Because Gilbert just went in there to sleep.

Oh. Enjoy your last night in that bed, asshole.

I'm in Ivan's room.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Papa stop!

Sorry.

But yeah we ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Breakup sex, huh?

Yeah. I feel so gross about it.

That's normal, mon ange. Especially after such a long relationship.

I feel like throwing up.

You're just anxious. It'll pass.

Matthew slipped out of the bed, crawling along the floor, too weak and tired to walk properly. He unlocked and opened the door, standing as he entered the hallway.
Everything was dark and quiet. It felt like it normally did when he was home on his own. All the party goers had gone to bed.
He couldn't go back to his room. He didn't want to face Gilbert again.
He wandered downstairs where only two people were awake.
Romano was in the living room with a sleeping Spaniard and Lars was in the kitchen with a newspaper.
"What are you doing up?" He asked, sitting down beside his friend.
"I couldn't sleep. You?"
"I got cheated on, then had mediocre sex with a burly Russian to make myself feel better."
"Did it work?"
"Not really. No."
"Maybe this will work." Lars pulled a cigarette case out of his front pocket.
"Where did you get that?"
"Brought it from home."
"How did you sneak it past customs?"
"Babe, you have no idea how far a shit ton of scented hair gel can go."
Matthew whistled. "Impressive, but I'm still the top provider of weed in the world."
"Anybody who gets a hit of this stuff would beg to differ."
"Then let's light up." Matthew took the smoke Lars gave to him and accepted the light."
"What are you two bastards up to?" (#420) Lovino strolled into the kitchen, a bottle of wine in his hand.
"Blazing. No kids allowed!"
"I'm older than you, Matt, you stinky man."
"But not me so shut up." Lars hissed.
"Bastard! Let me in on this weed!"
"Sorry. This is the weed club. Only me and Lars are allowed."
"He's right."
"Fine, then. I'm not letting you in the wine club!"
"Jöst Vineyards is one of the top vineyards in the world. Sorry, I'm already in the wine club."
"Asshole!"
"You can have second hand smoke, okay?"
"Fine."
"I'm surprised you left Spain unattended."
"He's boring when he's asleep. No more doting on me."
"As soon as I'm done this joint, I'm gonna wake him up."
"Yaaaaaas."
"The night is almost over but I wanna party until dawn." Matthew declared.
"Smoke to forget bud!" Lars smacked him on the back.
Matthew nodded. "Yeah. Smoke to forget."