Ring

We ate our muffins in silence at the coffee shop I worked at. Then, Corbyn pulled out a card. He gave it to me and I realized. Today is my 19th birthday! I read the card and smiled at him. He put down his muffin and looked down at his hands. He got up out of his seat and took my hand and led me outside to his car. We got in and he drove me to the parks water fountain. I was very confused, but then I realized he was just being nice for my birthday when he handed me a bouquet of roses.
"What's this for?" I asked.
"I thought it'd be a good gift before I gave you this." He got down on one knee and opened a box containing a beautiful black diamond ring. I gasped and buried my hands in my face. A crowd had gathered around us and I could hear their gasps as well. I started to cry and Corbyn got up and hugged me.
"Is that a yes?" He whispered.
"Yes. Yes!" I replied. He wiped away my tears and kissed my forehead.
"You are my best friend, Y/N. I never, ever want that to change. I love you." He said. He slipped the ring onto my ring finger. The crowd started to clap and whistle. We walked in the park and talked about our wedding. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see a group of girls, all about 13 and 14. Corbyn turned around too and all of the girls squealed.
"Can I take a picture with you?" One asked. They all asked the same question and Corbyn obliged. He took selfies with them and signed their phone cases. They all thanked him then walked away, talking about how this is the best day of their lives.
"Do you get that a lot?" I asked. "Fan girls following you and asking question and taking pictures when you're out in public?"
"Yeah." He replied. "It makes me happy that I'm making them happy. I mean, when you are part of a boy band in the 21st century, you kind of have to expect it."
We continued to walk and talk until it got dark. We got back to his car and he drove me home.
"Y/N!" My mother exclaimed. "Where have you been?"
"Mom, chill. I told you that I was going with Corbyn." I replied.
"Well, I didn't think you'd be out all da-" her eyes shifted to my hand and she gasped. "Oh. My. God."