3.

"I still can't believe you're pregnant! I'm finally gonna be an auntie!" Bella cheered as we enjoyed our lunch with Steven.

I smiled a little. "Yeah, it's crazy."

"What's up with you?" Steven asked me.

"It's nothing." I lied.

"Nicole—act like I know you." He said.

I sighed. "I'm trying to get Lo to talk to Bella and become cordial for the baby's sake, but he doesn't even want Bella around the baby."

"What?!" Bella shouted, drawing some attention towards us. "He's the one that started this shit."

"Bella—"

"If anything, he's toxic for the baby. I don't even know why you're still with his bitch ass. You need to stop being so fucking naïve and leave him." She continued.

"I'm not being naïve." I said.

"Oh, right. You're being a dumb ass." Bella replied.

"What the fuck, Bella?" Steven said. "That shit was uncalled for."

"The bruises and scars on her face and body is what's uncalled for. For years she's been saying that she's gonna leave him, but she's still there taking the abuse."

I stood up from my seat and grabbed my purse. Steven tried to stop me, but I left.

I hopped into my car and allowed the tears to fall. I know what Bella said was right. I am naïve. I am a dumb ass. Every time I decide to leave Angelo, things end up getting better and that's what gives me hope. Now that I'm pregnant, it's even harder to leave him because I don't want my baby to deal with a broken home. This shit is stressing me out. Sometimes I just want my daddy back so I can lay on his chest and cry.

I wiped my tears away and cranked up my car. I backed out of my parking spot and exited the lot. Hopefully I can get myself together before I return to work.

-

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror as I smoothed down my hair into a low ponytail. Angelo walked up behind me and kissed my ear.

"You're so beautiful, baby." He said.

I gave him a small smile. "Thank you."

"Listen—I'm sorry about last night. I was being inconsiderate and rude. I will be an adult and talk to Bella." He said.

"It's fine. You don't need to." I told him.

Angelo furrowed his eyebrows. "Why? What's up?"

"Don't worry about it." I said as I turned to face him. I kissed his lips softly as I rubbed his big arms. "We should go."

"Wait a minute. Kiss me again."

I laughed and kissed him. We stepped out of the bathroom and finished getting ready. Shortly after, we were in Angelo's Chevy Silverado 2500HD. I hated his truck with a passion. It was so hard for me to get in. He has to lift me up and place me in the truck. Then he starts teasing me.

I looked over at Angelo as he concentrated on the road. He wore his hair in a bun today which was my favorite style. His facial hair was freshly trimmed and it looked nice. He looked so fine and edible. I reached over and began to feel on his soft beard.

"Stop before I pull this truck over and fuck the shit out of you." He said.

I laughed. "You're so nasty."

He glanced at me and licked his lips. "I know you want it."

I smiled and shook my head. I stopped messing with his beard and began to look out the window. My mind wandered off to Bella. She hasn't called or text me like she usually does after work, so that tells me she doesn't want to talk.