4.

I sat in the passengers seat of our rental car as Angelo drove to my mother's house. It was Thanksgiving break and we just got off the plane. I was beyond tired, but I was excited to see my family.

I am currently five months pregnant and I am having a boy. I was a little sad because I was hoping for a girl. Angelo is trying to get me to name our son after him, but I keep declining. Hopefully my family will help out in naming the baby.

We pulled up to my mom's house and I was happy to see Theodore's car outside. Angelo blew the horn to let them know we were here.

My mom was the first one to walk out of the house. She had beat Angelo to my door and snatched it open. "Look at my baby!" She exclaimed as tears began to fall from her eyes.

"Mommy, don't cry." I said as I began to tear up. I got up from my seat and hugged her. It's been about a year and a half since I've seen my family.

"You look so beautiful. Look at you!" My mom said. "I can't believe you're pregnant and you're gonna have my first grandson."

"No love for the son in law, huh?" Angelo joked.

"Speaking of son in law—when are you gonna pop that question, sir?" My mom said as she hugged him.

"Don't rush it, ma." He said, which made me feel some type of way.

"Nigga, y'all been together for six years, bought a house together, and y'all are about to welcome a baby into this world. What you mean don't rush?" My mom said with her hands on her hips.

"Mommy." I scolded.

"Is that my baby sister?!" Theodore exclaimed. He walked over and hugged me tight. "You look good."

I smiled. "Thank you."

He turned his attention to Angelo. "What's up, man?"

They gave each other a manly hug. "Just living. How's your family?"

"They're doing good." Theodore replied.

"Let's head inside. I have something for y'all to snack on. We'll worry about the bags later." My mom said as she pulled me by my hand.

-

"I think Baby should be named Nicholas." Nicholas said, making me roll my eyes.

"No, I'm not naming him that." I stated. "Baby is not going to be named after anybody." Nicholas sucked his teeth and started mumbling something under his breath.

"What about Denzel?" My mom said.

I side eyed her. "Seriously?"

"You said you wanted a sophisticated name."

I scratched my head. "I think I'm gonna call it a night."

"I thought we were figuring out baby names." Nigel chimed in.

"Y'all playing and I don't have time for that." I said as I stormed towards the stairs. "Come on, Lo."

Angelo got up from the couch and followed behind me. We went into my childhood bedroom and closed the door.

"Remember the last time we were in here?" Angelo asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist."

I giggled. "Yes, and we almost got caught."

"Thanks to you. You've always been a loud moaner." He said.

"Oh, shut up." I said as I pushed him away. We got comfortable and climbed into the queen sized bed. "We forgot my pillow!"

When my belly started to get bigger, it was getting harder for me to become comfortable in bed. Angelo bought me a pregnancy pillow and it was a life changer. Unfortunately, we forgot it at home.