10.

I watched Angelo as he rubbed lotion on his chest. I squeezed my legs together as I continued to watch him. "Angelo."

"Yeah?" He said, looking up at me.

"Can you check on Elias and make sure he didn't pee? I don't want him to get a rash." I said.

Angelo looked at me oddly, but nodded. He walked out of the room and I quickly got up from the bed and stripped out of my clothes. I got back into bed and pulled the comforter over my body.

Angelo returned to our room a few moments later and turned off the light. He climbed into the bed and laid on his side with his back towards me.

I frowned a little. "You're going to sleep already?"

"Yeah, I had a long day." He said as he yawned.

"But I—"

"Nicole, please. I'm tired."

I nodded as if he could see me. I slowly got out of the bed and gathered my clothes from the floor before going into the bathroom. I began to feel stupid.

Here I am—a few weeks later, finally comfortable with myself and ready to have sex again. I guess I kept him waiting too long and he doesn't even want me anymore.

I tried to shake the thoughts of him cheating on me out of my head, but they kept coming back. He would never cheat on me. He never cheated on me in the past so I know he wouldn't do it now. There's no way.

-

"My mama always said, 'if he's not getting it from you then he's getting it from somebody else.'" Jai said.

We were having lunch at Longhorn. Elias was asleep in his car seat as Jai and I enjoyed our food.

I took a sip from my water before responding. "S-so you think he's cheating on me?"

"Yes."

I looked down at my lap as tears filled my eyes. "I don't believe it."

"You don't have to believe it, but don't say I didn't warn you."

Elias began to cry and I tried to give him his pacifier. He wouldn't take it, so I took him out of his car seat. He rested his head on my chest and he immediately stopped crying.

"What if you're wrong?" I asked.

Jai shrugged. "Then I'm wrong." She took a sip of her water. "I'm just being straight up with you, Nicole."

After we ate lunch, I decided to go home because Elias was getting cranky. I had to park on the street because Adonis and Steven were parked in the driveway.

I walked into the house and was greeted by loud talking and the tv blaring. Elias began to cry because the loud noises woke him up.

Angelo exited the living room and quickly came to help me. "I thought y'all wouldn't be back until later." He said as he grabbed the diaper bag.

"He's been fussy all day, so we came home." I replied. I took Elias out of his car seat and went to the bedroom. I laid him down in the middle of the bed so I could get comfortable.

Elias began to scream, which caused a headache to form. I sighed and quickly changed my clothes. I scooped him into my arms and cuddled with him.

"Y'all straight?" Angelo asked. "I heard him screaming."

"He was mad because I put him down." I said.

Angelo chuckled. "Don't be treating my boy bad." He touched my thigh and began to rub it. "I'm about to kick those scrubs out and we're gonna lay up and spend some family time together."