I

AN- I KNOW I'M A SHITTY WRITER BUT THE FARTHER YOU READ, THE BETTER IT GETS enjoy <3

As the airplane landed, I woke up from my slumber. I was now in England, it was raining obviously. The flight attendant had a pained fake smile painted across her face as she let the 1st class passengers leave the aircraft before anyone else. When I finally grabbed my duffle bag from the "overhead compartment" and got out of the airport I called my uber. He said he would be here in 10 minutes so I had some time to kill. The city wasn't how I thought it would be. There's less talking, more grumpy faces and glares. But it's probably just this part of the city. I observed more faces: a homeless gentleman, a family welcoming home someone, and a kid on a leash. What a wonderful time to be alive.

By now the uber was here so I climbed into the back seat and gave him my new address. He said the drive to South London would take 45 minutes so I put my headphones in and escaped the stress of moving halfway across the world with music.

I had left everything today, my family, friends, and now ex-boyfriend Dylan. He was so caring, that is until I caught him cheating on me with my best friend.

My best friend, Jackie was really the best. We had known each other since grade 3 and we automatically "clicked". She knew secrets about me that no one else knew. But in grade 10 we started drifting apart. She wanted to go to university for theater and I wanted to major in English. We weren't hanging out or taking at all. I had lost her. But then I met Dylan, he seemed so warm and comforting... at first. Later he started taking advantage of me and getting me drunk at parties. I knew if was wrong, but I didn't want to let him go.

After about a year or so of this madness, my parents saw the scars on my arms (that I had inflicted on myself) and they knew it would be better just to put me in rehab then to ask about it.
Several months later, after many sessions of therapy (that did nothing at all) I was set free from rehabilitation. I had been doing schoolwork the whole time so I was able to graduate. My therapist suggested that I did university not in the US because it "would be nice to get away for a while". So I was sent to England for university.