XVII

dan's pov

it's now christmas day, i plan to spend it with joy. so after i finish my shower and get dressed, i knock on her door. to my surprise, she opens it quick and flashes me a huge smile "hey how are you?" she asks. "i'm doing quite well and you?" i say as i awkwardly hug her. she replies that she's doing fine and i then enter her flat. nothing's decorated like you would expect, she just has a few boxes wrapped in non-festive paper. "fuck i forgot your gifts" i practically yell as i rush back to my door. i hear her laugh a bit as i come rushing back through her doorway.

"here you are my lady" i say (i'm regretting that now, that was so weird what the fuck) i place her presents on the table beside mine. "sorry, i didn't have any wrapping paper" i gesture to the bags. "but wrote over the brand name in sharpie so it's at least a little surprise". joy lets out a small laugh, "what no it's great thank you, i really appreciate it". i feel myself beam a bit more; "okay.." she gets up and walks to the kitchen, "let's get fucked". "now that's what i like to hear" i say, also walking to the kitchen and retrieving a glass of liquid courage that had just been poured.

we both grab our drinks and presents and set them down on her coffee table. the atmosphere surrounding our bodies is brilliant: it's dark outside so the street lamps are starting to turn on, joy put some wonderful mood music on, and speaking of joy... she smells good. not trying to be creepy or anything, but she does. it's also kind of cold in her flat, so ya know that may be good if she's feeling like cuddling. which is highly unlikely because i'm just a friend to her.

i wish i wasn't though

joy's pov

"okay you first" i say, handing him the first box. he slowly rips off the paper, revealing a converse shoe box. he gasps "joy no! i can't except these, they must've cost you a fortune!" dan says as he beings to place the box back on the table. "come on dan don't be ridiculous, they're for you" i place it back on his lap. he sighs a bit "thank you so much", next thing i know his arms were around my neck. we stay there, embracing each other for a good minute. "okay, now open them mate!" i say, releasing our grip. he nods and opens the box to reveal the red high tops. his eyes widen and his mouth opens wide, "these are so cool!" he says. "just wait until you see the next one" i say, handing him a bag. he takes a little peek into it before quickly moving it off of his lap. "no you fucking didn't" he says. "how did you know i wanted this?" he questions, taking the shirt with a massive design of David Lynch printed on, out of the bag and observing it. "i have some connections" i casually say, it was actually kyle who hit me up with that item. dan never stops talking about it kyle said to me.

"now your turrrrn" dan slurs, i look over at his empty glass and then the almost half gone bottle. i giggle a bit; oh no, not the giggling. am i drunk? nah i can't be. my eyes wander to my also empty glass. i guess i am. suddenly, a paper shopping bag is placed on my lap. i look up to dan, he's also begins to giggle like a kid. i take out the object in the bag to see a 1975 CD.

I already own this

"Thank you so much! I love this album" I exclaim as I turn it over and pretend to look at the track-list even though it's already engraved into my brain. Dan grins and then places another small bag on my lap. Like I had just done, I take the item out to see a... vibrator?

Dan bursts out laughing. "K-Kyle said it would be a wonderful gag gift" he practically shouts. "oh wow, wow it's pink too" I say sarcastically. I can just imagine my shy friend wandering into a sex shop and purchasing a hot pink vibrator. The thought of that makes me laugh along with him.

As the night goes on, we get even more wasted. "What are we mate?" Dan slurs. I turn to him and laugh a bit, "the fuck do you mean?". He sits up a bit before responding, "It's obvious that I fucking loooooove you" he says. I can't help but laugh again at his dumb ass. "Yea I think that's enough of that for the night" I say, taking the bottle of wine that he found in my kitchen out of his hands. "No don't take away my life force!" He jokes as he tries to take it back. I scoff and sarcastically roll my eyes. I then quickly glance at the time: 01:14. "Hey dan I think you should get to bed" I say. He looks at me with a slight goofy smile, "alrighty then". He then starts to lie down on the other couch in the room. "Oh so you've decided to make yourself at home? I see" I say as I get up from the couch. He nods before mumbling something. "What?" I question, stopping near the light switch. "I said merry fucking christmas joy" he shouts. I giggle before replying, "you too mate, now do you want the lights on or off?". "Off, I'm not a monster" he says, his voice muffled from his face being buried in the couch. I switch the lights off and walk to my room.

merry fucking christmas