XXVIII

an- fuck guys I'm so sorry i  haven't updated in ages, but I've missed this book so much!! I'll be updating a ton due to all my new free time <3 

joy's pov

My first year of uni was coming to a close this week and I couldn't be happier. Dan, Kyle, Max, and I planned another party for the last day of school...only four more days until the party. 

Dan and I started driving to school together again like we used to. I like him a lot, but due to my severe self-consciousness, it would be hard to make a move. I kinda think he likes me too, but who knows, maybe he's just been desperate the few times we've kissed. 

------

I woke up to Dan frantically knocking on my door. I rushed out of bed quite dizzy and very confused. He greeted me with a yelp as I pulled the door open

"What? What's wrong?" I asked the obviously flustered Dan. His face was bright red as he took off his jacket and gave it to me

"You're practically naked mate." He uncomfortably laughed.

dan's pov

It's not that I didn't mind seeing Joy in only a bra and short shorts, I just know she wouldn't want me seeing all the scars that littered her hips. So I gave her my jacket and she quickly covered herself up, realizing the situation.

"Shit, sorry Dan let me get dressed real quick." She said through the now closed door. It wasn't long before she opened it back up again to reveal herself in black jeans and a sweatshirt (the usual). She invited me in as she gathered her books for school.

"Sorry for knocking so hard, but we're running late and I somehow knew you were still asleep" I say, admiring her messy hair without her looking. 

She turned to me wit everything in hand, "No problem, shall we?" she said, gesturing to the open door. 

--------

We practically ran into our first class of the day that we had together. A few students weren't even there given that school ended in only three days so it wasn't a big deal that we were late. Joy and I sat together in the back like we usually do. We never get anything done in this class.

The rest of my classes without Joy were slow, I feel like I need her around to keep me sane. I just can't wait for Friday, the party Kyle and I have planned is going to be mental. It's just going to be us four, but it's still going to be great.

------

I meet Joy in the parking lot next to my car, I've already got a cig lit just for her. I love how we've been encouraging that vice lately, it's time to not give a shit anymore. She gladly takes it and finishes it within a few minutes. We both hop in my car and drive home.

After scaling up the stairs to our floor of the apartment complex, I find a letter taped onto my door..

EVICTION NOTICE