XVIII

Dan's pov

I call up Joy after seeing what was pinned on the Leeds website

Joy: hey dan

Me: Don't hey dan me, what did you do?

Joy: Do I know what you're talking about?

Me: JOY! you signed me up for the fucking music competition bullshit

Joy: ....

Me: mate you've got to fix this

Joy: I don't think I can just pull you out of it

Me: you better

Joy: Dan please don't be upset, I was hella drunk

Me: okay one, the fuck were you doing getting drunk without me? And two, I'm not upset, I'm just mortified

Joy: You'll be okay, and I really think you can win this! Maybe you can do something with Ralph

Me: no, you signed me up

Joy: okay, and I'll be home at maybe four just saying... so you don't get worried

Me: what are you doing?

Joy: I'm having someone help me with fucking bio

Me: yikes, have fun

Joy: yea right, byeee

Me: byeeeeee

It's the first week back from holiday break, spending all that time with Joy was good for the both of us. We had way too many laughs. Kyle's friend is hosting a post break party, he's convinced me to go. Maybe Joy will want to go as well.

After finishing my classes, I quickly get in my car to turn on some music. While opening the glove box to find the aux, I spot a pack of cigs. It's been a while since I've smoked, Joy and I promised each other not to for holiday. But it's not holiday anymore, so I give in and find a lighter while plunging in the aux.

Joy's pov

After classes end, I shoot my new friend Archie a text. We met in bio, he saw that I was struggling so he offered to help.

Me: heyy, where are we meeting again?

it doesn't take him too long to reply

Archie: sorry just got out of class, meet me right outside the west wing? :P

Me: yea :) omw

I rush down the corridors to find the tall brunette waiting by a lecture room, "hey Archie!" I shout. He turns around and smiles, "Joy, I wasn't expecting you this soon!" he laughs a bit. "Yea, I low key ran my ass over here", I smile at his big green eyes.
He smiles back, "so...where do you wanna study? We could hit up one of the rec rooms".
"Yea that sounds good!" I say, trying not to sound dead inside.

On our way to the recreational room, which isn't too far, Archie starts asking me some things. He smirks a bit before asking this particular one, "I've noticed that you've been hanging with that Smith fellow, how did you meet him?". What an odd question, "We kinda just met at a local shop" I say. It feels like it's been forever since Dan and I first met.

I slowly see Archie's smile fade, "Joy, I don't think you should hang out with him anymore. I've heard some stuff about Dan that isn't good".

the fuck? Dan wouldn't do anything too bad, I hope
I furrow my brows, "W-What did you hear?" I ask. Archie stops walking, "Apparently he tried to kill himself, like after his girlfriend cheated on him or something like that".
I gasp a bit, that is kind of a surprise, but also not really. I already know that Dan deals with his own demons on a daily basis. So it's not really a surprise that he'd think he wasn't strong enough to live with them. At least now he has me to go to with his hurts.

"I don't think it was your place to tell me that", I say timidly. Archie raises his eyebrows, "It's not like you two are together or anything like that, right?". I'm starting to not like Archie anymore, "No we're not together. And frankly, I don't need you to help me with bio considering you got a C on the test too".

I walk away, disgusted. He says something but I can't hear him. I get in my car and drive home, hopefully Dan can help me. He takes that class with the 11th years.

. . .

Dan's pov

I'm trying to figure out what to play for this stupid competition. Maybe Daniel in the Den? No, Dictator. They all aren't finished yet! I could always do Irreverence, yes I'll do that one.

These chords make her so happy she especially when he plays them that way

What she says makes him so happy complementing him all day

an- this bitch isn't finished but I haven't updated in a while