Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I found myself wandering in an empty warehouse. Nothing except damp dark walls and a cold concrete ground. I walked aimlessly trying to figure out where I was and why I was here. Before me was a poorly lit corridor but I took that as a signal to follow.Anxiety and fear filled me but it was the curiosity that commanded my feet to push onwards.

I opened the door just barely to see and before me was a television . I gulped as my fingers turned on the dial. A man in a hooded cape appeared, I didn’t see his face but his deep antagonizing voice was clearly familiar. It was enough for me to become nauseous from the recognition- Mr Ashmore.

“Hello there Alyssa we’re a bit ahead of schedule .” His cold hearted chuckle intimidated me.

I stood in silence.

A screen appeared where there stood two separate cells , one held Nick and the other with Riley. My face fell seeing them locked away looking so defeated as they were covered in blood and dirt.

“ You monster! I’m going to kill you.” I shouted frantically.

“I’m sure you will.” The old man glared smugly at me.

“Your beloved Nickolas is locked in the left wing and your precious Riley is locked up in the right wing.  There are timed explosives set throughout the building and you have just enough time to free one man and leave through the winged exit before the building is blown up.”

A loud devilish laugh came out of Mr Ashmore’s mouth. “ If you do not press the button to open the cell in the right or left wing within five seconds the whole building will go up in flames.”

“You can’t do this!” I shrieked.

“5”

“4” My fingers were about to press the left button.

“3” Then my fingers shifted to the right button.

“2”

“1”

“Nooooooooooo!” I screamed so loudly I thought my lungs would bust.

“Ali?”

I opened my eyes to see Nick and Riley sitting on both sides of me as we sat on the couch at Nick’s. I was shaken but so relieved to realize that it was only a dream. Glancing at the t.v I gave my head a shake.

“Saw? No freakin’ wonder.” I stood up and exhaled slowly.

“What happened?” Riley asked full of concern.

I smiled appreciatively. “ Bad dream. Nick is there a room I could go lay down in?”

Riley looked a little sad as he went back to watching the t.v as Nick stood up.

“Yeah I’ll show you to the guest room.”

I followed him as we reached the room it was a bit small but not bad. Nick must have picked up on my thoughts.

“ If you want to you can have my room it’s more relaxing.” Nick smiled.

“Please.” I’ve missed him so much and secretly I wanted nothing more than to lay in his bed.

When we got there I immediately threw off the pants but kept on the t-shirt and climbed into the bed. Nick turned around to leave and it felt like a deja vu.

“Nick?”

“Yes.” He turned around slightly to look at me.

“You remember the first night I spent at your cottage and I asked you if you could lay down with me?”