Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Where do you want to go?" Tom asked sympathetically.

I didn't need his pity or anyone else's. I was sick of people judging me. I just wished that people would concern themselves less with my life and more with their own, especially when it meant I would be someone's object of pity.

"I want to go to Cari's." I said crossing my arms, pouting like a little kid. Tom nodded and kept driving until we pulled into Cari's driveway.

"Here's my number in case you need anything from ice cream to company or someone to rob a bank with, I'm your guy!" Tom cocked his head before wriggling his eyebrows trying to make me laugh.

I thought about what he said and how it felt like he meant it and a smile just as quickly spread across my face. Tom knew how to cheer me up even if it was just by mentioning ice cream and robbing a bank, the two things I adored.

"I love having a big brother." I smiled gratefully.

"Good, let's hope you still love having me after I interrogate and threaten any future boyfriends you get."

I laughed. " What about any future girlfriends?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Them too." He chuckled before giving me a bear hug.

“I meant yours.” I shook my head while trying not to laugh.

“Right. Stay away from them, I don’t need you stealing my girlfriends.” Tom unlocked the door to his car and pointed to the exit.

“Out already.” Tom nudged me impatiently.

I let out a huge sigh when I saw Cari frantically racing towards me shrieking. "Ali! Oh my god that fight was insane.”

"I know." This wasn’t the time or place to talk about this but I couldn’t blame Cari because it’s not like she knew what was really going on.

I sat on the couch pulling my knees up to my chest. I didn't want to be here, I didn't want to be anywhere but with Nick. Being at Cari's wasn't my place of choice however being alone was a more depressing thought. The reality of the situation still didn't set in just yet.

"Hey, if you don't want to talk about it that's cool we can just sit or something." Cari sat next to me rubbing my back.

"I screwed up Cari! Nick said we're done. I guess I don't blame him but I love him so much." I wiped the tear before it could fall and give me away while cuddling myself tighter.

"So are you going to get over the Ashmore's ? Their poison to you anyways. You're birthday's tomorrow, I planned a huge bash. Please still come!" Cari seemed ready to read an essay with reasons as to why I should go.

" Fine but only because I don't want to be alone." I guess I was more torn and a mess than I thought I was. Having a serious heart to heart with the least serious person I knew was ironic. Cari surprisingly was supportive.

"I know I'm not always there for you but you need a stable friend and I love ya little cuz." Cari stood up ,her face consumed with thought while pressing her index finger to her lips. She left the room to make a call and within five minutes I heard a knock at the door.

Chloe, Chase and Nate waltzed in with a duffel bag. "What's all this?" I demanded while standing up heading to the counter.

"Ice cream, old school movies and pj's!" Chloe smirked. After getting changed all five of us had fuzzy pajama pants and t-shirts on and all of us were squashed laying on Cari's dad's king sized bed. We were surrounded by pillows and tissues as we watched Breakfast at Tiffany's. I loved Audrey Hepburn she's like a goddess. So strong and beautiful I'd imagine they'd make a remake of the movie and ask me to play Audrey's role. By now Chloe and Nate were asleep cuddling each other, they clearly worked out their problems and for that I was envious.