14. Memory;bounded sugar.

Art by: maja-sinika

Yoongi

Azucar: sugar.

Pasado

03/01/14

I hear the screams coming from my parents' room, I know my mother is the voice I hear, yet I do not understand a word of what she says. I never understand what comes out of his mouth when he gets angry, today is no exception.

I hear a door close and hurried steps approaching me, it's my father.

-Yoongi, do you know where the white envelope I left here this morning? -I stop fixing the shelf to turn and look at it, it is not pleasant the view with which I am.

He is stirring papers from above the kitchen island, everything is so messy. He is wearing his gray suit, without a jacket, and his tie is wrinkled and half-worn. On his right cheek I can see a cut, freshly made, with a little blood. I mojo a rag and leave it to his side, he avoids it and keeps stirring papers.

-What was inside the envelope? -I ask, he brakes and swallows hard.

-Money -he says, and I leave everything I'm doing to focus my attention on this conversation.

Not again.

I run my hand over my forehead, shaking with rage and sighing exaggeratedly. I dropped the handkerchief in my hand and made my father jump.

-We do not know if it was her -he begins- maybe I've been very clueless, I've lost it.

I raise my eyebrows in disbelief.

-Sure, maybe you lost it while you were shopping, or while you worked or when you were cleaning the house or paying the bills, because I don't know if you have realized that you do everything your alone -I approach him and he shrinks without knowing what to say, he is nervous and he carries his briefcase in hand As if it were a treasure.

He's afraid, but not me.

From Her.

-It's over -I say, pushing him off the road without exerting much force.

-No, Yoongi, do not make things worse -I hear from the living room, but it's late, I'm determined to stop this.

-This cann't get any worse -I say to myself before abruptly opening the door to my mother's bedroom, turning on the angry light and looking at her from the door.

There are bottles of alcohol all over the floor, on the bedside table there are syringes on your left and you can notice white powder remains. I walk up to the curtains and slam them open, letting the whole room see itself in ruins, now I understand why my father has been sleeping with me. It makes me sick, she disgusts me.

-Where is it? -I ask in anger. She looks at me without saying anything, determined, sitting on the bed. I'm sure she's not nearly strong and can not get up, she's thinner since the last time I saw her and paler. Beneath his eyes are black bags and spots on his skin.

I do not even recognize my own mother.

Without time to let him talk I start to mess up (more if possible) the stuff I see in the bedroom, remove clothes from the floor and uncover boxes, this is a pigsty.

-Do not touch that! -I hear her scream as I approach a mountain of dirty clothes, I hear the creak of the bed and two steps when she addresses me, I frown, then quickly remove all the clothes to see a rather large box brown And black.

When I uncover it, it grabs my arm and nails my nails and I try to get rid of it without hurting it, but it seems impossible. I get in front of her to dodge her, but it was not a good idea, she slaps me and makes my cheek start to burn.