eight

During the entire day, Chizuru was off. As her friends had commented, her body may be in earth but her soul was up at another planet away from there. Practice had already ended and the changing room was as lively as ever, Chizuru finished buttoning her shirt and soon placed her tie around her neck when she heard her captain's voice calling out from behind.

"Chizuru! You're coming with us to the karaoke, right?" The blond female asked with a grin on her lips. The ace of the team looked away from her and shook her head before going back to tying the cloth around her neck properly.

"I can't." She simply rejected, is what she thought. Miu had her brown eyes wide open at her words and, unknown to Chizuru, cold voice. It was normal to hear the girl speak bluntly but this tone of hers had a certain difference to which made the captain surprised.

"Oh... Why is that? There are loads of people who are going to be there! Remember Aonuma-kun?" The girl beamed and the black haired female sighed while her eyes narrowed sadly, she did remember the boy, and she also remember how rude she was to him the last time they met.

Chizuru zipped up her skirt and put on her socks and shoes before grabbing her belongings and closing the locker rather loudly, the captain of the team staring at her with a furrowed brow but a smile still on her lips. Chizuru placed her bag on the bench and pulled out her scarf to wrap it around her neck.

"I simply don't have the time, Miu-san. I have others things to do, maybe next time." She said and walked past the captain who stood in place, Chizuru sighed under her breath as she exited the changing rooms with a slightly distressed expression on her features.

Stop taking it out on people, it' not Miu-san fault or anyone's... She repeated to herself mentally while opening the doors of the sports hall. Her eyes roamed around the area until she had seen Hara standing by the school gate while staring up and making clouds out of his breath to the cold, she stared at him for some time before finally deciding to make her way towards him.

As she approached him, he heard the sounds of footsteps and so turned around with a grin to face Chizuru who arched an eyebrow at him while still her stoic expression.

"What are you grinning for?" he asked and soon both exited school grounds, Hara laughed slightly and dug his hand inside his pockets.

"Oh nothing, just sort of happy I get to go to your house." She sighed and shook her head before facing him with a lazy expression while he just stared down at Chizuru with his usual grin.

"Just... just be your normal self I guess."

** ** ** **

As soon as Chizuru opened the door, she heard the hyper voice of her younger sister coming from the living room which made her smile in the slightest.

"Sis! You won't believe who came by so early in the morning right after you left!" Kae beamed while Chizuru gave space for Hara to come in while both took their shoes off, the older black haired girl placed her bag on the ground and started to walk towards the living room.

"Really? Who did?" She said while leaning against the door frame, the younger female turned herself on the couch and went into a cat like position as her arms were on the arm of the couch and a smirk on her features.

"This handsome guy came looking for you, I couldn't see his eyes though which was a shame but still! Sis, tell me that is going to be my future brother-in-law!" Chizuru cringed at her words and sighed under her breath while stepping into the living room, Hara popped his head through the entryway and Kae had her eyes open and a gasp escaped her lips. "It's you! My future brother-in-law!"