twenty-four

The entire Nekoma team had gathered around Chizuru with wide smiles on their faces and some of them, tears brimming the corner of their eyes — the third years. Chizuru was one of the few people that had tears in the corner of her eyes and she didn't feel embarrassed for having it that way, she let out a shriek when feeling herself being lifted into the air and being thrown up and down.

All the girls from bench had also joined in, including the oh, so mature first year manager of the team. After celebrating, they placed Chizuru down and soon went to their positions to greet the other team and receive their rewards. Chizuru laughed when seeing that Miu couldn't contain her happiness and immediately hugged the man who gave her the medal, and soon after Chizuru.

The dark haired female gripped the golden medal in her fingers and soon turned towards the row in which her family was in and lifted it up, Kae jumping up and down while having her arms around Katsuki and the male doing the same with her as Riku had tried to calm them down when the same was with the entire Hara family and Naoki.

Hara was shouting out words while hugging various people which made Chizuru blush in the slightest out of embarrassment, after they exited the court, the Nekoma team was celebrating inside the locker rooms and some third years doing a few speeches that were a tad bit "cringe" according to Miu.

Chizuru decided to give a speech herself and so quickly exited the changing rooms, assuring Miu and Yoshi that she would back in a few minutes and that she would go to meet her family. Not that it wasn't a lie, but she was actually going to see Kuroo.

It didn't take long for the female to find him as he was going down the stairs with his team and soon caught sight of her, a grin made its way to his lips as he jumped various steps and ran towards the ace whose team had just won the finals. His body immediately jumping onto hers in a crushing embrace to which she managed to keep herself standing up, but not for long when the entire males' team had also thrown themselves onto her.

She was quick to reply to some people and even laughed at some of their words, and when done, she went directly to the point and explaining to the captain with obnoxious hair style that she wanted to have a private word with him. Kuroo was quick to accept her request and so both quickly had gone outside and where nobody would hear them.

Chizuru felt relieved by the fact she didn't feel nervous whatsoever when Kuroo started to speak first. "So, what's the matter that you need to have me alone?" He said in a teasing tone, adding a light chuckle to the end before he dug his hands inside his pockets. "Is it gonna be a confession?" He arched an eyebrow jokingly, his smile soon falling and eyes slowly widening when seeing that Chizuru didn't even reply to that and so just kept her smile on her lips.

It was quiet in between the two and a giggle escaped from the female as her feet brushed away from snow that had accumulated on the side of her shoes.

"Not exactly a confession in that way." Her hands had folded themselves behind her back as she now stared into Kuroo's rust golden eyes. "But I will be confessing something for you."

"I loved you, Tetsurou." She said and if it was possible for his eyes to widen even more, then it would have been but instead his mouth was open in awe of her words. A silent laugh escaped her lips before she decided to continue. "I had loved you since we were kids and have been until this year," Her hands were now the ones that had found themselves inside the pocket of her jacket. "and until a few months ago."

"Eh?" Was the only thing he let out. Chizuru stared at him with a smile and slightly narrowed eyes before bowing her head towards him.

"The feelings I had for you were supposed to be kept from you until who knows when, but I decided that before I could go to that person, I would tell you my now past feelings." She straightened herself up and so grinned towards Kuroo before reaching for his shoulder and patting it. "So don't think too much about it, okay?"