twenty-one

Silence surrounded Chizuru and Hara, both only staring at each other as the snow slowly fell onto them and the ground. The ace slipped her hand off his grip and let it fall to her sides while the male was still quiet at her sudden question.

"You told me yesterday... that you felt jealous over me." Her cheeks becoming warmer by each moment passing by as she stared at the quiet male. "You like somebody else and yet you say those words to me? How do you think I felt?" Her voice wavered in the end of her sentence as she gripped the hem of her skirt and looking down at the white ground beneath her.

Why won't he say anything?

She asked herself mentally, her heart had started to beat quicker when hearing Hara sigh and his feet turning to her, she didn't want to look up as she didn't know what kind of expression she had on her features and probably didn't want the male to see. She flinched slightly when feeling his fingers twirl themselves upon a strand of hair that had fallen on her cheek.

"I never thought you would ask that question to me." Her breathing was slow but she could still see the small clouds that would form on thin air made from her breathe. Hara placed his hand on her shoulder and the female still didn't look up to face him and could only watch as his other hand went up to his features it seemed.

"I lied." Chizuru's forest green irises dilate and she looks up in surprise to find herself staring into maroon coloured irises that belonged to Hara, the male placed his hand that was on his hair, now on her shoulder as he smiled softly. "I lied to you, Chizuru."

She shook her head softly and her voice had broken just at the start of what she would start to say. "B-But then why would you... Why did you lie to me?" She asked and her hands had let go of her school bag and grasped onto Hara's upper arms as he just continued to smile down at her.

"Why would you say you like somebody else as a lie to approach me?"

Her body stiffened slightly as soon as the words had left her lips, Hara's hand had grasped onto her scarf and so gently started to unwrap it and pulling it up slightly, his other hand had cupped her cheek and making her tilt her chin upwards in the slightest.

Her breath had hitched and eyes widening upon seeing Hara lean in swiftly and placing his lips upon hers. Chizuru felt her heart race inside her chest when she slowly started to close her eyes and give herself to Hara, the male pulled away slightly and found himself staring at Chizuru's features as she kept her eyes closed.

"Because the one I have always liked is you, Chizuru."

His voice was clear and the female slowly opened her eyes which seemed to have conflicted emotions in them as she didn't know what to say.

"Since..."

"The story I told my parents about how I met you was when I first saw you." His fingers gently caressing her cheeks as she just looked down to the ground. "I knew you liked Kuroo because of how you would stare at him whenever he didn't look, and I first fell for you because of how passionate you were in what you did, you looked beautiful when you played and beautiful when you smiled while celebrating."

The girl's heart felt as if it could explode any time at his words and affection he gave her. "So, you liked me all this time?" He hummed in response and she felt her nose burning slightly as she swallowed down the knot on her throat. "I-I don't really know what to say to you, Hara."