For Better or For Worse.

Comment goal: 10

Seventeen year old Nayeli D'Martinez sat in the guidance councilor's office for minutes which felt like hours.

She knew she was in deep-that she would get into so much trouble-but she simply didn't care.

The sharp slap she would receive would be nothing compared to the hurt in her chest.

"Nayeli?"

Nayeli pouts, stomping into the guidance councilor's office only to be met by a big surprise.

The surprise that would, literally, change her life around.

But was the change for better or for worse?"

"Who are you? You're not Mr-"

"I'm new, my name is Za-Mr. Malik."

"Well it's so nice to meet you Za-Mr. Malik." She repeats his name, in his accent.

"So what's your problem?" Zayn asks casually, spinning in his reclinable chair.

"I don't have one, sir."

"Then why did you vandalize school property, slash Mr. Noah's tires, and get physical with Ms. Zoe?"

"It's not like you care." She says, trying to wipe her year away without him noticing.

"Nash please tell me what's going on?" Zayn pleads softly, looking into her eyes.

"What the hell is a Nash?" She spats, no one had ever cared enough to give her a nickname.

"It's a nickname. What the hell is wrong with your attitude?"

"With all due respect, Mr. Malik, my attitude is a result of the chaos around me, it's not like I can control it."

"But you can calm it. That's why I'm here, to help."

Nash peered up at him, admiring just how pretty his eyes were and how they held a little bit of devil in them; just like hers.