7| Mission One.

Truth to be told, we were surprised when Noelle was tasked to be our  informant. Joan had saw something more about her than we ever had when she was tasked. It had been three weeks since the first gathering. There were meetings held after as to discuss all the other details left out in the first. Everyone seemed cooperative and if not, they didn't show it.

And after thorough observation we were all assigned a role. Dan and Iris, obviously were to make the said art preparing and changing aspects of the whole piece with Joan. They would spend hours locked up in the studio doing nothing but that. Since Noelle's first report they've been working day and night on their first project. Slowly and subtly setting up the location, with a grid and various markers.

Taryn was the team's photographer while Holland ran the blog we had recently created along with other social media handles. He would spend afternoons in the library working on everything on the blog from layout, headers and content. He would frequently update, a continue building a solid fanbase for us, the Witches.

Taryn and Holland were inseparable, going to potential sites where the mural could be placed. They would spend time going around town and photographing bare walls. I admit, I ship them quite a bit... more like a whole lot. I've grown very fond of them after all, eating with them at lunch and hanging out after school.

Milo and I, well, we were the mascots, the preppers, and the icon of the whole thing. Joan was in charge, yes, but I guess, I also presented the idea and I guess this was her way of giving credit. I mean, it wasn't necessary but she insisted and after a good amount of pushing I finally gave in.

And so when she had made me wear a mask I felt quite ridiculous in a dollar-store lace mask. It was hot pink and the type of frilly you could see miles away. It felt like I was a toddler being dressed in itchy fabric. I scratch my face in irritation to the gaudines of the whole thing. Beside me, Milo feels the same, tugging at the ends of his black mask.

My bag is heavy with paint cans and stencils. We stare at the wall, waiting for passers-by to clear so we may start our work. My heart is racing, what if we flop? A series of What-Ifs flood my thoughts and my stomach drops as the train of thought continues.

The coast is clear.

"Hey, let's go" Milo whispers, tapping my shoulder. Together we crawl out of the thick bushes, with twigs and leaves clinging unto the fabric of our clothes.

The Greenwood Park, our first project, takes up a large space in uptown. Flocked with people during day hours, but rarely would there be a soul at such an hour. The park is well-maintained and uptight. Security guards would patrol the park, to prevent drunkards, homeless and criminal activity to take place here.

Vandalism being one of them.

Taking the heavy bags from our backs we dump the contents on the concrete floor and start to work. Sticking the cutouts securely on the dirty white wall with only the dimly lit light to support our progress. I can barely see, what I'm doing but I still push on, sticking the stencils in all the correct spaces.

"So, I've been thinking..." Milo begins, toying with the duct tape in his hands. "I don't know, it's kinda stupid. I mean this is all kinda stupid, ya' know?"

He scratches his head, a habit of his when he's thinking. It's as if all the ideas will fall into his palms everytime he does. He glances at me with his brow raised, he looking unsure.

I'm eaten by curiousity, and so I press "What is it?"

"Nah, never mind." He dismisses.

"Oh come onnnnnnn." I whine, tugging at his arm like child.