Postpone

Donte's POV

    I decided to call Shorty or at least reach out to her through my momma. Pulling into momma's driveway, I killed the engine and walked through the door.

    "Momma." I called. I walked through the corridor and there she was with another woman. This woman was thin as hell and her hair was greasy and stringy.

    "Who is this?" I asked. She looked familiar but I couldn't be too sure.

    "Celia, this is Donte, my son. He dates your daughter."

    Anger swept over me. This was the woman who wasn't a decent mother to my girl.

    "Yo, you got a lot of nerve comin' here when you–"

    "Donte! Don't disrespect company like this. She was coming to talk to Diva."

    "Then where the fuck is Diva?" I said through gritted teeth. I was about ready to mollywhop this bitch.

    "She left an hour ago. Things were halfway patched up. Can you call her? I tried." Celia said.

    I muttered curse words under my breath and pulled out my Galaxy. I tapped her name on speed dial and waited for her to answer.

    ∆∆∆∆    ∆∆∆∆    ∆∆∆∆    ∆∆∆∆    ∆∆∆∆    ∆∆∆∆    ∆∆∆∆

Diva's POV

    "C'mon. Let's go back inside." I said to Anthony. He nodded and helped me up off the ground. I was happy that I talked some sense into him and wanted to get back to the waiting room where it was air-conditioned.

    Just then, my phone started buzzing in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at the ID.

    Donte.

    Why was this jiggaboo calling me? Maybe it was to fix things between us. Or maybe to talk trash.

    Either way, I answered it without thinking and let Anthony leave without me.

    "What?" I said.

    "Don't get cocky. Where you at?"

    "Who the fuck...? So you don't talk to me for days and then decide to call? How dare you? It's none of yo damn business where I'm at."

    "I'm at my momma's house and yo momma is here."

    "You better have not went off on her. Don't matter how much I hate her."

    "I didn't, a'ight? They wanna know where you at." I hung up and leaned against the wall.

    Breathe...

    A fancy yellow Nissan pulled up to the building and turned around. It parked yards away and out came a man in Rayban glasses.

    Jamar.

    He caught my eye and hurried over. "Yo, is it really you?" He asked. I nodded and hugged him.

    "What happened at the hospital?"

    "Shit, I was pregnant. But I had a miscarriage." There was a moment of silence and then he shook his head. "I'm sorry to hear that, ma. Lee called me talkin' 'bout some 'hear yo voice' shit and I already knew there was a problem. Then her mother called..." I could tell Jamar was devastated.

    "I think I'm gon' postpone the the wedding."

    "Yeah, good idea." I said sarcastically. He disappeared into the hospital lobby, leaving me alone.