Ecstasy

Xavier's POV

I slipped my feet into my large Butters and got into the car. I was headed to the grocery store because Diva was needing attention at my house. She'd been laid up here for a few hours and was still crying or just plain not talking.

I was fine with that. I liked her presence but I hated to see her so down.

When I got back from the grocer, I set the bags on the counter quietly and reminisced on the kiss we shared a month ago. Sometimes I could still feel the heat of her mouth on my mouth and it totally outweighed anything that Elizabeth could have done or said.

I stared at her closed eyelids and her chest that heaved up down in a rhythmic motion. I inhaled, adjusting my erection in my pants.

"Xavier?" Her eyes fluttered open and she leaned up on the sofa. "Yeah. I brought some food. We're gonna have Alfredo tonight." I replied.

I started the pasta in a large pan and covered it with a top.

Retreating back to the living room, I sat down on the opposite couch and turned on the TV.

"Thanks..." She said. "No problem."

"No, I mean thanks...for everything. Thanks for being patient. Thanks for-"

"I said no problem. I'll do anything for you." And I meant it.

Diva stared at me and I got nervous and laughed. "What?" I said, a smile on my face. She'd been the best thing in my life since Elizabeth.

"You pretty cool, Xavier. Maybe...maybe our mothers were...right."

Was she serious? This had to be a joke. I was on Cloud 9. I smiled; she was right.

I took a chance and sat next to her. I rubbed her leg slowly and stared into her brown eyes. This was one of the best moments of my life.

Diva leaned up. Before we both knew it, I had grabbed her face in my hands gently and pushed my lips on hers with such passion, it had to be a dream. Diva pulled my shirt over my head and I unbuttoned her blouse.

The only sounds heard was our heavy breathing and the steady ticking of the clock. My body hovered over hers; I just wanted her so bad.

Diva pushed me back and put on her shirt. "Xavier, even though he put me through a lot of shit, he's still my boyfriend and I can't be no hypocrite by cheating." Diva stood up and put on her shirt, taking deep breaths.

I wasn't going to let her go this quick.

"The nigga treats you like crap, Diva! Where is he now?"

"So what?"

"Do you want this for yourself?"

"Xavier-"

"I-I love you!" I wasn't sure if those words were true but I did have a deep connection with her. I needed to get through to her.

"Xavier, don't say that." Diva's voice cracked and before we knew it again, she was in my arms. I didn't kiss her, I just held her. She needed it.

Diva finally stood up and left.