Chapter 1

Evie's POV

"Mother dear, can I go out to meet with the group?" I ask my mother, while applying some blush.

"Yes my dear, just do a quick twirl for me to make sure you are presentable," She drawled in a bored tone.

I did a quick turn around for my mother, hoping she wouldn't notice the mosquito bite on my left elbow. She wouldn't be happy because it was an imperfection on her princess-like body.

"Oh Poisoned Apples!" The Evil Queen exclaimed "What the hell is this on your elbow Evie?"

"Its  mosquito bite, Mother, I've been trying to get it healed as quick and use the anti-itch creams and-"

"Silence! You cannot go out of this castle looking like that! we must get rid of it.  You know what that means, Evie, get the acid from the kitchens."

"Yes, Mother." I turn on my heel and walk to the kitchen, pulling my long blue hair into a bun for my mother's inspection. 

I am the daughter of the Evil Queen, and because of my mother's wishes, have to be perfect.  Any mark on my skin that she didn't like was removed by a powerful acid, but then healed by my mother's healing creams.  Any imperfections on my skin, and I'm considered ugly.  So, anytime my mother saw an imperfection, my job is to strip down naked, and let Mother pour acid on anything that she thought was an imperfection. 

It has been a week since my last acid treatment, and that's a record for me.  I have never, and would never mention it to my gang of Mal, Carlos, and Jay, because I knew they would say that I'm already perfect enough, but deep-down, I know I'm was a mess, and will never be good enough for anyone.

I gather the acids, and the heading creams in a basket, and calmly walk back to the room my mother is in

"I have them for you, Mother.  I'll head to the Acid Room and prepare my body for you." I mumble.

"Now that's a good girl."

I turn on the heel of my boot and walked towards the smallest room in the castle, which was in the dungeon.  The place where people couldn't hear my sobs and screams as the acid burns away parts of her flesh.

Grimhilde walked in the room and I turn to face her.

"Acid." She commands, and I hand it to her, shaking.

Mother starts inspecting my body, pouring acid on little bumps on her legs, from recently sprouted hairs, even though most of the hair on my legs was already long gone, from the acid treatments as a child.  Hair on any part of my body except my head is an imperfection to her as well. 

Then, the hips, and the stomach, the chest and neck, the arms.  The mosquito bite was next.  And soon, I'm 'perfect'.  For Mother at least.  I shakily put back on my clothes and walk to my room, listening to my mother tell me I'm grounded for a week, before having my bedroom door slammed on me and deadbolted shut.

My bedroom was on the top floor of the castle, to ensure I wouldn't escape my room while I was grounded, but what my mother didn't know was that I had created a rope ladder that was hanging from my balcony, all 367 ft down to the ground.  I had sewn it myself too, using the stitching my mother had taught me when I was four.  However, I'm too sore to meet with the gang today.  Mal wouldn't be happy, but I don't care. 

This is the Isle of the Lost, after all.