Chapter 5

Harry's POV

I walked towards the castle that belongs to the Evil Queen and her daughter Evie.  I'm thankful Evie is giving me a chance to prove that I'm not going to hurt her or her friends in any way.  I do mean no harm.  All I want is to please my father and find a bride that I will learn to love. I glance at my watch. 6:30.  Time to head up the rope ladder.  However, there's a brick wall in my way. I climb over the wall, struggling and getting a few scratches in the process.  But it could be worse. 

I walk around the castle, looking for the ladder that Evie had described. 

"Ah, there it is." I murmur to myself.

Hook me, I thought, looking up the ladder, it really is a long way up. I slowly start my descent up to her room.  It only takes me about five minutes to climb it.  Father had taught me how to efficiently climb rope when I was little.  I clamber onto the balcony, panting.  Brushing my self off as I stand, I swing open the balcony doors, and walk in.  I gaze around the room, looking for the blue haired girl. 

"She's not here," I mumble, "Best hide under the desk."

I crouch below the desk, soon hearing voices coming from the hallway.  Faint at first, but slowly getting louder.

"How dare you, Evie? Break my mirror.  Disgraceful little brat.  You ought to be ashamed of your self.  I thought you thought better of your mother, bitch. No meals for three days! You were getting fat anyways. You can't be over a hundred pounds! Its very unladylike!" I flinched at the Evil Queen's voice.

"Moth-"

SMACK!

"That's for talking back!"

SMACK!

"That's for being fat!"

SMACK!

"That's for being ungrateful!"

SMACK!

"That's for being a bitch to me!"

SMACK!

"I hope you learned your lesson.  Now clean up this blood.  I want to see you tomorrow for your caning!"

"Yes, Mother." I heard the poor girl's small voice say.

"Lie down."

Lie down? What for?

Evie's screams rang through the hallway.

"Mother please don't drag me by my hair, Mother please no, I'll do anything you want!"

"You deserve it, bitch."

The door is slammed open, and Evie is thrown in. She cowers when she looks up at her mother. The Evil Queen slams the door.  You can hear her deadbolt it shut. Evie waits a few minutes on the floor, not moving from the position she was thrown in at, breathing heavily.   When Grimhilde's footsteps disappear, she stands up, silent, walks over to her bed, and throws herself down on the bed, sobbing.

I stand up from under the desk, quietly walking over to her, feeling sadness and pain.  I sit next to her, stroking her hair.   She sits up and places her arms around my neck, sobbing into my shoulder. I see the blood on her sheets and shudder. 

"Shh, Princess, ye will be okay," I whisper, stroking her hair.

"I hate her," she hiccups, "I fucking hate her."

"I know Princess, we all do.  Lets get you cleaned up."

She nods into my neck.  She tells me to get her cleaning supplies. I stand up and get them.  I start taking the creams and applying them to the cut skin on her face.  The blood is washed off and I can see the cuts starting to close.

"Like magic," I whisper in awe.

"It exists, you know," she says, with a small smile.

"But seriously, Princess, will ye be okay? I don't want to leave you."

"You've gone soft."

"Only for ye, Princess.  I like ye, ye know.  Ye are different than the rest.  I like ye, Princess. But I know nothing will ever happen between us,"  I give the girl a small smile.

"Don't make assumptions, Harry.  You are free to stay the night if you wish.  I will have no objections, the choice is yours." She plants a small kiss on my cheek and walks out to the balcony.

My hand reaches up to touch the place she kissed. 

"Oi, Princess."

"Hmm?" she questions, absentmindly.

"I think I'll stay the night."