Chapter 6

Evie's  POV

"I think I'll stay the night." I heard Harry say.

"Why, you looking for a place to stay or trying to seduce me?" I say, absentmindedly stroking my cheek.

He walks over to me, watching me.  I turn to face him, then walked towards the room, sensing him following me.

"Cute. Maybe a bit of both.  After all, ye have been the nicest person to me.  Aye,  like I said before, I like ye, but I would never touch you against yer will. I'm not cruel and inhumane like Mal."

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I heard Mal say.

I closed my eyes, my heart pouding,  I am so screwed.  So is Harry.

"Mal-"

"Shut up, Evie.  I'll deal with you later," Mal, says with vemon in her voice, "Well, well, well.  Harry Hook. Got a soft spot for my Evie over here? Yeah, that's right. I said MY EVIE. You should not have come here, Hook.  Leave her alone.  She's mine.  She's not going to be your Queen, or whatever.  Does she even like you? I don't think so.  So leave. Now. Get out of my sight.  I. Mean. It."

Harry snorted, "A true friend would let her do what she wants."

And with that Harry left to the balcony, shutting the doors.  Or at least cracked the doors. Mal watched the doors for a second before turning to me.  I flinched, waiting for Mal's outburst.

And then it came, like the eye of a storm, tearing apart a city.

"Evie, what the actual hell. You are a damn traitor.  Flirting with a Southerner. And Captain Hook's son at that.  You can consider yourself out of my league..."

The lecture went on and on.  I turned on Mal.

"Mal, what do you know? You don't know me.  I'm not yours.  I'm my own person.  Why can't you accept me and my choices? Hmm?"

"E..."

"No, Mal.  You've already banished me.  That's what you want.  I knew you would never accept that I like Harry.  Why can't you? Uma?"

Slowly, Mal nodded.

"You never let Harry explain why he was here.  Uma had locked him in Frollo's burning house, like she once did to you. So, he left her.  He asked for shelter.  I was going to give him one night here.  To be nice. Help him get on his feet here.  Mal, my mother slapped me 16 times tonight.  I started bleeding.  She dragged me by my hair and threw me into my room. Harry helped me heal.  I wish you wouldn't make assumptions before lashing out on people."

Mal was speechless.

"E..."

"You can leave Mal.  It'll take a while for me to forgive you.  Maybe we can be friends again.  I don't count on it.  Never come near me again."

"I'm sorry, Evie," and with that Mal was gone. 

Harry walked back in.

"Rough times with friendship, eh?"

I nodded, tears forming in my eyes.

"Aye, come here, Princess, come here."

He pulls me into his embrace.  I have never felt more at home.  Harry's chin rests on my head.

"Do ye want me to leave ye and go back to the South?"

I shake my head. "What was that about you needing a Queen, Harry?"

"My father wants me to find a bride to rule the South.  I had thought about asking ye soon, but I had thought it over and figured ye would say no."

"I'll have to see. But, I'll be yours if you'll have me," I say with a wink.

"Ye will be my girlfriend?"

"Yes Harry.  I really like you, I really do.  And helping me tonight with my mother and with Mal, you have proved yourself to be kind and caring.  I'd be willing to give us a try."

"I won't let you down, mi lady," he bends down and kisses my hand. "Evie ye are perfect."

I giggle. "So about you staying the night. Are you still up for it, after what happened tonight?"

"Of course I am, although I might need to stay here most nights because of the stupid temperature drop at night.  It'll be hard to live in boxes for a couple months," Harry says, stifling a yawn.

"I would be more than happy to let you do that.  Now, you seem tired, lets get you to bed."

I lead him over to the bed, and tell him to make himself at home. Harry asks me when I'll head to bed, but I don't really give an answer. I just shrug.  By the time I head to bed, Harry is already fast asleep under the covers. I slip under the covers, stealing a pillow from the floor.  I face away from Harry and close my eyes.  I have almost fallen asleep when I feel Harry slip his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.  I smile, and immediately fall asleep from exhaustion.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hey,

I know this is super duper cheesy, but its really fun to write.  Leave your comments and suggestions! And as always, don't forget to message me with questions!