Chapter 13

Evie's POV

"Mother, I'm going to be a Queen.  Isn't that great news?"

"Queen of what?" Mothers says.

"Of the South.  I'm getting married to the Prince of the South," I say, fidgeting with my skull face ring.

"Oh good. A prince! When's the ceremony?" She says, actually looking at me.

"Oh um, Tuesday, Mother."

"Tuesday?! That's in two days! Oh Poison! We must make a dress."

Mother immediately began pulling bolts of fabric from her shelf on the wall. Light blue, dark blue, and some sequins. 

"Um, Mother," I say, reaching into my pocket for the pearls Harry had given me.

"Yes, my evilette?"

"Can we use these pearls my future husband gave me on my dress? I'm sure he would love it."

"Of course! And we can put them in your hair as well.  Oh, Dizzy Tremaine must do your hair for the wedding! She has such a talent, you know," she gives me a knowing glance.

"Mother, why are you being so kind to me?"

"Well, its not every day my daughter gets married you know."

"That's not what I mean, Mother.  You know what I'm asking."

"Alright, alright.  A long time ago, Maleficient came to me asking me to live with her, Cruella, and Jafar. I didn't want to, so I said no, not knowing of the power she had.  She had become furious with me, and so she placed a curse on you, to make you ugly.  But she made it so only I could see your flaws.  The acid treatment has been used for generations in our family.  When my mother died, she told me that if I did not use the acid treatment, she would curse our entire family.  I didn't want that to happen to you. Unable to have children, I mean.  Our family motto is 'Beauty is Pain'.  Honestly, Evie, I mean no harm.  I cry every time I hear your screams echo throughout the palace. I truly am sorry.  But now that you are marrying Harry Hook soon, I am not allowed to touch you without your permission because you belong to him," She takes a deep breath. " Evie-"

I finally speak up. "If you didn't mean anything, then why in the name of Poisoned Apples did you slap me sixteen times and drag me by my hair to my room after I accidentally broke your mirror?"

"I am a villain, Evie, I do evil things. And I was furious that you brought me 7 years of bad luck."

"Whatever.  Can we work on this dress before we start fighting?  We both know what happened last time..." I trail off, deep in thought.

I stood before my mother in my almost finished Dark Hallow's Night Ball(Halloween) dress.  It was dark blue dress with a black poofy skirt.  I felt like night.  I felt extremely powerful and no one could stop that.   The straps hung off the shoulders in an elegant way, and the bodice of the gown sparkled  until it faded to the poof of the dark skirt.  I was wearing leather gloves that went halfway up my arm and a lace choker, tied in an elegant bow.