Chapter 16

Evie's POV

The doors open, and Captain Hook's arm tightens around my waist.  We start walking down the pathway to the center; a glowing ball, filled with swirling colors of red and blue. Judge Frollo stands on a raised platform underneath the Orb. On the second of the three aisles, walks Harry and Mother.  Gil and Mal walk side by side on the final aisle.  The circular room is silent, as they watch us proceed.  Harry brings Mother to her seat, which will be right next to Captain Hook's.

Hook and I wait, standing still, waiting for Frollo's orders.

And then he speaks. "Mal, daughter of Maleficent, friend to Evie Queen, do you solemnly swear to protect your friend from danger and harm, in the case of Mr. Hook's death?"

Mal steps forward. "I swear upon the Beast's heart."

Mal picks up the needle in Frollo's hand, preparing to prick her finger to add her blood to the bowl on the stand near Frollo.  She spills her blood into the bowl, the drops echoing in the silent hall. 

"Gil, son of Gaston, friend to Harry Hook, do you solemnly swear to protect your friend fromdanger and harm, in the case of Ms. Queen's death?"

Gil steps forward, joining Mal. "I swear upon the Beast's heart."

Gil also pricks his finger and watches his blood mix with Mal's.  Frollo swishes the blood around. Hook and I step forward at this time. Hook retracts his arm, and its replaced by Harry's.  Hook steps in front of us.  He hands a silver ring to me, and places it on my thumb. He turns to Harry, and presents him a silver hook.

Hook shakes Harry's hand, and kisses mine, then walks off the stage to sit next to Mother. Frollo takes each of our hands, and flips them over so he can see the veins in our wrists.  He takes out the syringe and inserts it into my veins, filling the tube with blood, and emptying it out into the bowl with Mal and Gil's blood.  He does the same to Harry.  Frollo mixes the blood around, until the blood turns to a dark red, instead of the bright red it used to be. 

"Harry Hook, you may now Mark your Queen." Frollo offers the bowl to Harry.

I hold out my left wrist, and Harry takes it in his hand, and dips a finger in the blood, glancing at me as he does. He draws the symbol of a hook on my wrist.  The blood starts to boil on my wrist.  It soaks into my skin, leaving a black imprint of a hook into my wrist. 

"Evie, this is your time to kneel," Frollo says to me.

I do so and wait for the Veil to be lifted off of my head.  Once I feel the Veil lift off of my head, I feel myself placed back on my feet by Harry. The wedding ceremony is now complete, but its time for the coronation.  I walk to Frollo's side, and wait patiently for my crown to be given to me.

Harry walks towards his father, and Hook stands, taking off his pirate hat.  Harry bows to his father, and the pirate hat is placed on his head.  Harry stands to his full height, as people start to bow around him.

"LONG LIVE EVIL!" Frollo shouts. LONG LIVE KING HOOK!"

"LONG LIVE EVIL! LONG LIVE KING HOOK!" The crowd chants.

I step forward, a sudden hush coming over the crowd.

Frollo begins. "This transfer Evie Queen will soon become your Queen.  Although she is a foreign one, you are to respect her, or your King will make you walk the plank. "

He takes the newly formed crown out of the Blood Bowl.  The crown is formed from the blood, but it will never break. The red crown is soon rested upon my head and I take my place next to Harry. 

"LONG LIVE EVIL!" Frollo shouts. LONG LIVE QUEEN HOOK!"

"LONG LIVE EVIL! LONG LIVE QUEEN HOOK!" The crowd chants, using my name instead of his.

"Ready, princess?" Harry whispers.

"Of course I am." I nod.

Harry lifts up his sleeve and presses the hook marking on his own skin, I feel mine burn, and we are both whisked away by magic to start new adventures. 

__________________________________________________________________________

Hey All! Sorry for not posting in a while.  But good news! I'm going to be writing a sequel, yay! And I also changed the title.  I don't feel like A Hooked Apple was a good title. Soooo, there ya have it! Hope you enjoyed the book!!