Chapter One

Normal POV

It all starts out with silence then a huge explosion can be heard all across Gotham city. Police and firemen freaking out to take care of any crisis. It was Joker.

Commissioner Gordon flashed the bat signal in the night sky, little did he know Batman was already on the job to stop Joker. The explosion had killed 20 people and severely injured 13.

Batman used his cape flying through the sky until he spotted the madman. Joker had a black cape on and pointed bat ears. Batman swooped down and tackled the clown, "What are you doing?!?" He asks.

"Why I'm good ole Batsy bringing along some justice haha!! Catch me if you can but between you and me everyone deserves a little punishment." Joker laughed hysterically.

"Especially you." Batman stated and then the Joker ran off into darkness.

The dark knight chased after him quickly, catching up he punched the clown in the back of the head and they broke out into a fist fight, hitting and kicking each other wildly. Vicky Vale, the news reporter, had been showing the brawl live on TV. They fought until eventually they found themselves alone in a back alley both beaten down, covered in bruises and bleeding.

Batman grabbed the collar of Joker purple suit, both of them snarling menacingly at each other for a brief moment until Batman suddenly gave a passionate kiss on Joker's lips. Shocked, Joker pushed Batman away, "What are you doing?!?"

"Sorry, I couldn't help it being alone and you looking so cute." Batman smirked.

"We're suppose to be in character right now... You're gonna ruin it.. " Joker said in a cute sad tone.

Batman went back to playing along and Joker acted as if he was defeated and captured.

"I can take him off your hands now, great job tonight." Gordon said to Batman.

Batman tightened his grip on Joker's arm, "That's okay Jim, I'll be taking him to Arkham myself."

Gordon nodded trusting his word and Batman got into the Batmobile with Joker and drove off.

"You're not really taking me to the asylum are you? We're just going home right?" Joker asked getting comfortable in his seat.

"Yeah, but Jim doesn't know that." Batman replied.

They soon arrived back to the batcave and was greeted by Alfred holding Joker's baby.

"Sir, Lucy has been fussy most of the night I tried feeding her, changing her diaper, giving her toys, everything it seems. Could you please give me a hand?" Alfred handed her to Bruce after he changed into his normal clothes.

"Thanks for watching her for us while we were gone Al." Bruce started walking to take her up to her nursery room.

Lucy was a year old now. Not much had changed other than she has a couple teeth growing in, she can walk a little on her own, and say dadda a lot. Joker following Bruce up to her room noticed he was much better at the fathering thing than himself and Joker is suppose to be the biological father. He thinks about how if Harley Quinn didn't die during pregnancy then he would've been stuck raising the kid with her. He's glad he was lucky enough to get Bruce back and glad he knows how to be a good parent.

Bruce was able to get her to sleep, he seemed like a professional at this whole dad thing. As they walked out of the room Joker asked, "So do you think we pulled off the act tonight so people still think we're archenemies?"

"Pretty sure we did, we can watch the news tomorrow to see how it went. Good idea doing this so people don't suspect anything with us." Bruce gave him a quick kiss.

They both had decided to go to bed after a long night, but tomorrow could be much longer to deal with.