Reunited

Justin and I followed the tracks with no stopping of the pace (well, we did occasionally stop to rest)

"How long till we get to wherever we are going?" Justin asked. I didn't say a word nor made a sign because I have no idea how long we will get there.

The horse suddenly brayed and I pulled the reigns gently while Justin made comforting sounds to the suddenly frightened animal.

"What is it?" Justin asked and I scanned the area, something's not right.

Before I could answer, ropes suddenly were coming out in all direction and we were taken aback.

"Sis, did we fell into a trap!" Justin screamed. I couldn't move nor talk as we stumbled on the ground and the horse took off in fright.

The ropes tightened as we lay on the forest floor. I felt movement and I looked up to see...

An ape?

Well, he looked like an ape but his face...was that of a human.

"Seems we found a few humans coming in here"

That was the last I heard him say before he knocked me out.

***

Nova's POV

I was shocked and relieved it was not some soldier (with the exception of Richard) coming in but a familiar face.

Cornelius immediately ran up to me and I embraced him with all my might "I was so scared" I signed and he made small cooing sounds for comfort.

I saw Caesar and Rocket but no Kira.

That's strange...

"Where is Kira?" A dark look came into Caesar's face and a whole new fear came into my entre body.

"Cornelius where is your mother?" He lowered Hus head to the ground "we left her in search of you"

A flash of anger came to me but it diminished when I saw shame plastered on his face "next time rescue me with Kira, I think Caesar is worried for her"

At that, Caesar turned away and I could actually feel embarrassment seeping off of him. Rocket snickered and Caesar flashed him a glare.

"We have to leave now!"

Cornelius grabbed me by the arms and we slowly made our way out to the roof.

I gasped when I saw the entire underground base camp. It was huge.

Caesar motioned us to follow him and we quietly sneaked passed the guards and I felt the cool wind hit my face just as we reached the exit.

The moon shone down and I smiled. I'm free at last! I felt Cornelius's hand on my shoulder and I gave him my special smile reserved for him.

Rocket made a noise and we turned our gaze to the three horses. Cornelius gave me an ape grin "looks like you'll be riding with me"

Caesar's POV

We rode off into the night away from the human camp when Nova's stomach started to growl in hunger.