Kidnapped

Two days...

Two days since we have last seen the unstable simian virus humans and every ape was clearly on the lookout and getting antsy.

Our home (the home of Caesar, Cornelius and I) was clearly in need of renovation but we were busy dealing with the present problem today.

"All this planning is making my head spin" I signed, rubbing my head. Lake and Nova nodded in agreement as we sat down just in front of Lake's tree house... Er...alcove.

"Wanna go to the lake and have a relaxing dip?" Lake asked and my eyes brightened up before they dimmed.

"Caesar doesn't want me away from the tribe" I signed and Lake frowned. Nova signed "I'll go with you Lake if you want"

Lake smiled as the two walked away. I pouted, why is Caesar so...protective!

I wanted to sigh when I saw Cornelius walk up to me looking sheepish and nervous. Now that's odd.

"What is it Cornelius?" I signed. He looked at me, sat down and signed "mom, how do you court someone properly?"

If I was drinking water I would have spat out all of the contents.

"What?!"

"I said, how do you properly court someone?"

I narrowed my eyes, my motherly instincts taking over "why the sudden topic? Is this about THE TALK?" Cornelius blushed bright red. Well, not that really red but I could tell he was embarrassed.

"No, not that one. I mean, I want to court..."

"...court..."

"N..Nova"

My face must have been like a gaping fish because Cornelius was waving his hand in front of my face.

"Mother?"

"Sorry, I kinda spaced out back there Cornelius" Cornelius frowned and signed "you do not approve of my courtship to her?"

I shook my head "I've been having doubts about your relationship with her and I am so happy you finally have someone to take care of aside from your father and I"