Chapter Twenty Four- The Last Attempts

~~> Tails POV

"Are you sure it'll work exactly the way you say it will?"

"Yes Lapuz."

"It won't go off the wrong time?"

"Yes Lapuz."

"Nobody's gonna die from it right?"

"Of course not Lapuz."

"Okay good."

I rolled my eyes with annoyance while screwing on the last bolt to the bomb. It was set for exactly ten minutes and thirty seconds. I know Sonic said five, but I just didn't think that that would've been enough time. I was pretty sure we were gonna get caught somehow, and therefore would have to fight off a horde of robots for a while. And not to mention, actually finding a way out of this darn ship. Then, before it blows up, we--

Well, you get the point.

Just as I finished placing the last piece, the alarms went off and a voice--sounding like Fiona's, which sent hate through me instantly--screamed over the loud sirens that made my ears ring painfully. The next moment came a bright flash of light. I turned to see Shadow and his group, along with the Chaotix. Who didn't look to good.

"Tails!" Luescris cried, dragging Espio with her. "Did you set it yet?! We have to get out of here now!"

"Yeah yeah I know." I muttered, turning back to the bomb. I put in the rest of the bolt, pressed the button, and turned to the others. "Alright. Ready."

At the same time, the door bursted open and in came hundreds of robots. I felt someone grab my arm, since I was to stunned to move, and they disappeared from my sight.

~~> Meanwhile, Bolts POV

Okay, so here's a little recap of what happened:

As soon as we got into the city, we were met with hordes of robots, causing all kinds of havok. Dad had immediately sprinted off, and the rest of us followed. I did my best to stay by his side, watching his movements for two reasons. One, because I was still somewhat unsure of how to use my speed in battle. Two, is because he was struggling and looked exhausted within the ten minutes we were fighting. I had a feeling I needed to make sure he was okay.

But unfortunately, once I got into the battle, I lost sight of him. In fact, we all kind of went our own ways. I spin dashed, punched, tripped every robot that was in my way. I ignored my heavy breathing, slowly rising exhaustion, and sweat pouring down my face. Now was the time to take action, and I wasn't gonna take any more loses.

I dodged a razor blade that was thrown by a robot towards my head, then jumped and hit it straight in the stomach. Multiple times just to make sure. I sidestepped and tripped another, bounced on a couple of heads, then landed next to a building, leaning against it to regain my breathing and composer.

Dang. I thought with a slight groan, scanning the "battlefield". There's still so many. This is gonna take so long..

A scream for help rang through the air then, making my ears perk up. I looked around, and in the distance was a little bunny girl, looked around the age of ten, pulling away from a larger robot that had her arm. A scowl formed on my face, and I boosted off, through the sea of baddies. I slammed into its back, making it fall to the ground.

"Stay away from her." I growled, though my shoulder throbbed a bit from the impact.

I was so gonna be sore when all this is over.

I looked behind me at the girl. "Go. Find some shelter. Get outta here."

She nodded without a word, and scurried off.